1. Clean crabs and tear them into smaller pieces. I used two medium mud crabs. I also crack the claws.
2. Dust crab pieces with salt and cornstarch.
3. Heat some oil in the pan. Shallow fry the crab till about half-cooked.
4. Dish crab out. Leave a little oil in the pan. Heat again. Sauce chopped garlic, chili and curry leaves ( I didn’t have curry leaves, so I just added some chopped spring onion).
5. Put in a piece of butter into pan. After melted, put crabs back in. Stir fry for a minute or two.
6. Pour in 1/2 cup milk. Turn to high heat. When it boils, turn to medium heat.
7. Cover the pan with lid. And simmer for 5 mins.
8. Remove lid. Stir fry for another 2 or 3 mins. Milk will reduce again.
9. Pour in one beaten egg. Quickly stir it. And milk will be dry. Stir fry a bit to let egg sauce sticky to crab.
Ready to serve.