This dish needs potato ( 2 medium ones and chopped into chunks), one midium chopped onion, one carrot (peeled and chopped into small chunks), Konjac noodles (boiled in water for two mins, rinsed and cut), beef slices, mirin, cooking wine, oil, bonito flakes and soy sauce.
1. Make the stock. In a pot boil 2 cups water. Add in bonito flakes and boil for 2 mins.
Off the stove. Let it rest for 2 mins. And take all the bonito flakes out. The rest is the stock we need.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Add the beef in.
Stir fry till no pink can be seen. Add in onion, carrot and potato in order. Stir fry a bit before adding each new ingredient.
3. Add the konjac noodles in. Stir fry a bit.
4. Pour in the stock, also add in 2 tablespoon mirin, 2 tablespoon cooking wine and 1 tablespoon sugar.
Cover with a lid. The lid should have a hole on it.
5. After 15 mins, add in 3 tablespoon soy sauce. And simmer for another 15 mins.
6. Off the lid and boil for the last 5 mins.
Serve hot. You can also add boiled snow peas or green peas to garnish.