Bak kut teh is a very popular dish in Singapore. It’s kind of spice rib soup. The cooking method is not complicated but it’s a bit time consuming.
1. Wash 1 kg ribs in water. Then put them in a big pot. Add in enough water covers all ribs. Bring water to boil. Take the ribs out and rinse under water.
2. Wash the pot. Add in 1.5 L water. Bring to boil.
3. Add in 1 head of garlic (peeled or unpeeled is fine) and the spice bag. Because bak kut teh needs many herbs. So a spice bag is much more convenient and it can bought from supermarket.
4. Also put in all the ribs. Simmer for at least 1 hour.
5. Add in 1 tablespoon light soy sauce before serving.
My husband loves it.