Sticky rice needs to be soaked in water over night. Drain them and steam for 15 mins.
Prepare 1 Chinese sausage, 3 shiitake mushrooms, and cut them into small dice. Thaw 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables.
For the shumai wrap, I bought one pack from supermarket. You can also make wrap by yourself if you want. I was too lazy. 🙂
1. Heat a little oil in the pan. Add in sausage dice. Sauté till aromatic.
2. Add in mushroom, and mixed vegetables. Stir fry evenly.
3. Add in 2 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce, 1 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt and a little white pepper. Mix well.
4. Pour in hot water covers all ingredients.
5. Bring to boil.
6. Add sticky rice in the pan. Turn to low heat.
7. Keep stirring to let sticky rice absorb the sauce. Turn off the heat when sauce dried up.
8. The filling is done. Set aside and cool down.
9. Put a spoonful of filling in the middle of the wrap. Use thumb and index finger to make a circle. And lightly push from the bottom to make it into a blossom-flower shape. I’m not an expert in doing this. This is just how I made them.
10. Steam for around 8 mins. And this dim sum is done.
My husband loves them. If you make some extra, you can put them in freezer like I did. Next time, when you want them, you can directly steam them.