Banana is one of my husband’s favorite fruit. But sometimes, He forgot to eat them, and banana got ripe very quickly. So I would use them to make smoothie or cake or bread.
This summer when we went back to my hometown, we brought so many walnut back. My mom just cracked them and store the shell-removed walnut in 2 large containers. My husband likes walnut, so he adds some in his yogurt. Yet, we still have a lot. So I tried to bake something with walnut and banana.
butter 1/2 cup
white sugar 1 cup
vanilla 1/2 tsp
flour 1 cup
baking soda 1 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp
cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp
chopped & toasted walnut 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 170 Degree C.
- Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
- Add in 2 beaten eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
- Add in mashed bananas. Mix them together.
- Sieve in all the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder. Mix till combined.
- Butter spray the loaf pan. Dust it with flour.
- Pour all the batter into the pan.
- Into the oven for 50-60 mins. Check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean then it’s done.
Let it cool down for a little while.
Cut it and you will find it’s very moistened and firm.
Full of walnut and banana flavor. Very nice!