Last night, I saw a picture of chocolate cake online. And I really really wanted to have a piece of it. So I decided to make my own chocolate cake by myself. Remember my husband bought a pack of Starbucks cocoa before? There’s still some left. So I’m gonna use it to make my cocoa chocolate cake.
I referred to the recipe:
The first time I saw this recipe, I was wondering is it true that boiling water is required in it? I was not so sure about it. But after I tried it, I realized how great this recipe is.
1 cup sugar ( cocoa powder I used from Starbucks already contained sugar. So I cut off the sugar in original recipe)
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil (original recipe said vegetable oil)
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 175 degree C.
2. In a big bowl, mix sugar, flour and other 4 dry ingredients.
4. Add in eggs, milk, oil & vanilla.
4. Add in boiling water. Stir well till smooth.
5. Pour batter into greased baking pan. Bake for 30-35 mins.
You can add frosting you like. I like this cake very much. Soft and moist.