I always ask my husband about which pic to choose as featured image of blog. He gives me his opinion usually from a very different perspective.
He chose this picture for this blog. And his reason is that this picture look like it’s snowing.
I was like: WHAT???
Anyway, I still followed his advice.
If you always do baking at home and search baking recipes on YouTube. I bet you know Stephanie Jaworski from Joy Of Baking. She gives so many great recipes and demonstrations, which are very easy and hardly to fail. I really like her videos. And I tried some of her recipes, they turned out really great.
I followed her instructions about this Chocolate pound cake, except I reduced sugar and I didn’t do the glaze at the end.
Her video demonstration is here:
If you don’t have time for video, I can show you the steps:
Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
1. Dissolve 25g cocoa powder in 60 ml very hot boiling water. Set aside to cool down.
2. Prepare dry ingredients: 180g flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt. Mix them well.
3. Cream 225g butter with 200g white sugar (in video, she says 250g. I reduced sugar to keep it less sweet) till light. Add in 1 tsp vanilla extract. And 4 eggs one by one.
4. Add in cocoa water mixture. Stir well.
5. Add in 1/2 dry ingredients and 2 tablespoon milk. Mix well. Then add the rest dry ingredients.
6. Patter in baking pan. Bake for about 60 mins.
When it’s 50mins, I checked with toothpick, it didn’t come out very clean, so I baked for another 10 mins. I didn’t make the glaze and just dust icing sugar instead. Yeah, that’s why my husband related it to snowing.
See? Stephanie’s instruction is always simple and clear to catch up with.
My husband loves the cake.