Long time no baking.
Today, my student suddenly cancelled his lesson, so I have another day off. I decided to make some chocolate cookies.
butter 1/2 cup (I only have salted butter in the fridge. You can use unsalted butter too. Just remember to add in 1/2 tsp salt in the dough)
white sugar 1/2 cup
brown sugar 1/2 cup
vanilla 1 tsp
flour 1 & 1/4 cup
baking soda 1/2 tsp
chocolate chips 1 & 1/2 cup
walnut 1 cup (chopped and toasted. You can preheat oven to 150 degree C, and toast for about 10-15 mins. Just take them out when you can smell the aroma.)
- Cream butter with sugar (whit and brown) till light.
- Beat in egg.
- Add in vanilla. Give it a good stir.
- Sieve in flour and baking soda. Combine till just blended.
- Add in chocolate chips and walnut. Stir well.
- Scoop 1 tbsp dough and make a dough ball. Place them on the tray. And put into fridge for about 40 mins.
- Preheat oven to 170 Degree C, and bake for 15-18 mins.
Delicious and well-shaped.