unsalted butter 1/2 cup
white sugar 3/4 cup (if you want the color to be darker, you can also replace half with brown sugar)
vanilla 1 tsp
flour 1 & 1/4 cup
baking soda 1/2 tsp
salt 1 pinch
chocolate chips 1 & 1/2 cup
grate peanut 1 cup (I bought from supermarket, already chopped and toasted)
- Cream butter with sugar till light.
- Beat in egg.
- Add in vanilla. Give it a good stir.
- Sieve in flour, baking soda and salt. Combine till just blended.
- Add in chocolate chips and peanut. Stir well.
- Scoop 1 tbsp dough and make a dough ball. Place them on the tray. And put into fridge for about 40 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180 Degree C, and bake for 12-15mins. Just keep an eye on the oven. When the edge of cookie turns golden, that’s the sign of being done.
Flour 1 cup
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Instant Yeast 1/2 tsp
Sugar 2 tablespoon
Water 3/4 cup
Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl. Then cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30-40 mins.
For the filling:
Pan-toasted white sesame 1/4 cup
ground peanut 1/2 cup
Mix them well in another bowl.
1, Heat a pan on stove. Grease it with oil. Scoop batter into the pan. tilt pan to spread the batter. Keep low heat. Cover the lid for 3-4 mins.
2, Sprinkle ground peanut & sesame filling in it.
3, Cover the lid for another 2-3 mins.
4, Use a spatula to fold the pancake from one side to the other and press lightly.
I also made one with red bean paste filling.
Glutinous rice flour 135g
tapioca flour 2 tbsp
water 220 ml
oil 2 tbsp
1, Mix everything in a big bowl. Whisk till very smooth.
2, pour the batter into a pan. Turn to low heat. Keep stirring, kneading and pressing for about 4 mins.
3, It will become a dough.
In another bowl, mix 50g ground peanut and 40g white sugar. Mix well.
Add Muah Chee dough into the ground peanut. Cut into small pieces and roll them to be covered with ground peanut.
I was born and grew up in northern part of China. Actually, my family didn’t have the habit of having soup during the meal. I know that people from southern part really like soup. Soup to them is a must-have dish on the table.
My husband is a soup lover. He basically likes all kinds of soup. Influenced by him, I start to realize soup’s charm.
There is a chicken rice stall near where we live. If you order chicken rice there, a small bowl of lotus root & peanut soup will be served as well. My husband loves the chicken rice there and also their soup. He mentioned more than once how much he loves the soup with lotus root and peanut in it.
That’s why I decided to cook this soup.
1. Rinse ribs under water.
2. Place all ribs in the pot. Pour in enough water covers and even higher than the ribs.
3. Bring to boil with high heat. Skim the soup.
4. Add in several ginger slices, lotus root chunks, some peanuts. Turn to low heat. Cook for 1-2 hrs.
Nice soup takes long time unless you have pressure cooker.
Season with salt before serving.
The amazing part of the soup is that it tastes a bit sweet even without adding in any sugar.
My husband can have 2 bowls of it.
Peanut butter 120g
Brown sugar 100g
Vanilla 1/2 tsp
Baking soda 3/4 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
1. Cream butter, peanut butter with sugar & brown sugar.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix well.
3. In a bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt. Then add flour mixture into butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Scoop dough and press into baking pan. Bake for 12 mins.
Crunch outside but very soft inside. Even my husband doesn’t like peanut butter, he loves this cookie.