Pressure cooker really makes my cooking easier, especially in making soup.
- Put all the ribs in a deep pot. Add in enough water. Bring to boil and cook for about 5 mins.
- Take all the ribs out and rinse under water to wash off all the dirt.
- Put ribs, lotus root chunks, black beans, red dates into pressure cooker.
- Pour in enough water covers all ingredients.
- Press soup button.
- Just 20 mins, the soup is done.
- Season with salt.
Very nice soup.
1 big whole chicken leg
red dates 3 (seed removed)
logan meat 1 tbsp
goji berries 1tbsp
- Put chicken leg into a pot. Add in enough water. Bring to boil with high heat.
- Skim the soup and remove all the dirt.
- Add in cordyceps, red dates and longan meat. Slow cook with low heat for 40 mins.
- Add in goji berries and cook for another 5 mins.
- Season with salt.
Super nice soup.
I made this soup with my homemade kimchi.
Soup is very simple.
- Heat a pot. Add in 1 tsp oil. Sear pork belly slices (about 50g) till slightly golden brown.
- Add in garlic slices (2 cloves) and onion slices (1/4) and stir fry till aromatic.
- Drop in 2 tbsp kimchi and 1 tbsp kimchi base. Stir fry evenly.
- Pour in 1 cup water. Bring to boil.
- Add in 1tsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp Korean chili paste and 1 tsp sugar. Stir evenly and simmer for 5 mins.
- Put in tofu slices. Simmer for 3 mins.
- Sprinkle green onion and green chili.
It’s a sweet soup, more like dessert.
Ingredients are simple:
White fungus soak in water till soft and tear them apart. Lotus seed washed in water. Split in halves and remove the green sprout if there is. Remove the seed of red dates and cut or tear into smaller pieces. Other ingredients are longan meat, goji berries and rock sugar.
Put everything into pressure cooker. (I really love my pressure cooker. It makes cooking a lot easier.) Add in 6 cups water. Cook under high pressure for 50 mins.
White fungus becomes as soft as jelly. Soup is thick.
A good desert for women especially.
I wanted to try this soup for a long time. Now since that I have pressure cooker, I cannot wait any longer.
Prepare a coconut and half chicken.
- Wash chicken clean. In a pot, add in enough water. Put chicken in. Bring to boil.
- Rinse chicken under water to wash off all the dirt.
- Cut coconut open. Pour the coconut water out and scoop the fruit meat.
- Place chicken into pressure cooker. Add in coconut water and fruit, also add in 3 red dates and several ginger slices.
- Press the soup button.
- Soup is very fresh and sweet. I added in some goji berries and cook for another 20 mins.
No need to season at all.
Actually I think it tastes better without goji berries.
My husband likes this soup very much.
1，Put pig’s feet pieces into a deep pot. Add in enough water.
2, Bring the water to boil for about 5 mins.
3, Take all the pig’s feet pieces out and wash clean in water.
4, Put everything into pot: pig’s feet, lotus root (peeled and cut into chunks), red dates (makes soup taste sweet), ginger slices, soy beans (soaked in water for 1 hr), and carrot pieces.
5, Slow cook for 2 hrs.
Very nice soup.
My husband doesn’t like seaweed. But I think seaweed is really good for health. Yet, he doesn’t say no to seaweed soup. So I made this soup for him.
- Since I used dry seaweed, I soaked them in water till softened before I started cooking.
- In a deep pot, add in ribs and enough water. Bring to boil and skim the soup to remove all the dirt.
- Good soup takes long time. I put all the ribs in a slow cooker, with seaweed, corn, shiitake, red dates and some ginger slices.
Also pour in the water after boiling the ribs. Add more water if you want.
I cooked it for 2 hours. And just season with salt.
My husband loved it very much.
The rule of my husband’s bento: there must be at least 1 meat dish.
This time, I tried pork.
- Prepare soup. Cos soup is time-consuming. I can let the soup on the stove while preparing other dishes. Wash ribs. Put them in a pot and add in enough water. Bring to boil. Skim the soup to remove all the dirt. Simmer for 30 mins. Add in carrot and corn. And simmer for another 20-30 mins.
- Pork belly in the pot. Enough water in and bring to boil. Take the pork belly out and wash clean. Cut into small chunks. Heat a pan. Add in a little oil. Sear the pork belly till brownish. Add in light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sugar. Stir fry evenly. Add in enough hot water, also bay leaves and star anise. Lid on and simmer for about 20 mins. Lid off and reduce the sauce with high heat,
- I also cooked tofu & chicken pancake. 1/4 chicken breast (diced). 1/4 carrot (diced). Heat a pan. Add in 2 tsp oil, Stir fry chicken and carrot till chicken turns white in color. 100g silk tofu in the bowl. Mash it with a fork. Add in the fried chicken and carrot. Also add in some chopped green onion, 2 tbsp flour. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix well. Heat pan again. Brush it with oil. Scoop batter with a spoon and drop into pan to fry till both sides turn golden brown.
Pork is a perfect match with rice.
Soup is good. Corn adds sweet taste to it.
Oh, I also add in some fried bitter gourd rings. My husband finished everything.
It’s a dish that I have wanted to try for a long time. It’s a time-consuming soup, which requires 5 hours. But I guarantee you its cooking method is simple and the soup is very nice.
- Prepare the ox tail. Wash them in water to rinse off the blood.
- Put all the ox tail into a deep pot. Add in enough water covers the tail.
- Turn to high heat. Bring it to boil. Take all the oxtail out. Wash in water again. To remove all the dirt.
- Place all the oxtail into the pot again. This time, add in much more water, cos we need to cook it for hours.
- High heat first, skim the soup to remove all the dirt. Turn to low heat and simmer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, skim the soup again to remove the fat.
- Lid on and simmer for another 1 hour.
- Prepare white radish and cut into chunks. Put all the radish into the soup. Simmer for another 1 hour. Radish will absorb the flavor.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
After 4 hours cooking, the meat can easily fall off the bone. Very soft and juicy.
Sprinkle some green onion to garnish.
1. Prepare mushroom (cut into slices, about 250g), 1/2 chopped onion, 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
2. Heat a pan. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter, also add in 2 tsp olive oil. When butter melts, add in onion and garlic. Stir fry till onion turns transparent.
3. Add in mushroom, also sprinkle salt pepper and dried herbs. Stir fry till mushroom turn soft. Add in 1/2 cup flour. And stir fry evenly.
4. Pour in 1 cup stock. Bring to boil first, turn to low heat and simmer for 5 mins.
5. Pour everything into a blender. Blend till smooth.
6. Pour back to pot. Add in cream or milk. I only had milk in the fridge, so I have no choice.
7. Stir slowly to mix well. Season with salt and pepper.