Pressure cooker really makes my cooking easier, especially in making soup.
- Put all the ribs in a deep pot. Add in enough water. Bring to boil and cook for about 5 mins.
- Take all the ribs out and rinse under water to wash off all the dirt.
- Put ribs, lotus root chunks, black beans, red dates into pressure cooker.
- Pour in enough water covers all ingredients.
- Press soup button.
- Just 20 mins, the soup is done.
- Season with salt.
Very nice soup.
I don’t know the exact English name for this vegetable, cause it said water bamboo choot on the package. In Chinese, we call it 茭白 (jiao bai). And its texture is very similar to normal bamboo shoot.
1, Cut pork into cubes. Peel water bamboo shoot and also cut into chunks.
2, Heat a pan. Add in oil, sear the pork till slightly golden brown.
3, Add in water bamboo shoot, stir fry evenly for 2-3 mins.
4, Add in 2 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce and 1 tsp sugar. Stir fry a bit.
5, Pour in hot water enough to cover all the ingredients. Simmer with low heat for 20 mins.
6, Reduce the sauce by high heat.
7, Garnish with chopped spring onion.
Pig ear taste very crunchy because it’s full of soft bone. In China, Many people like to make pig ear salad.
- Put pig ear into a pot, Add in several ginger slices, 1 tbsp cooking wine and 1 tbsp light soy sauce. Bring to boil with high heat. Then simmer with low heat for about 30 mins. Or until chopsticks can easily poke it through.
- Soak in cold water and drain. Let it cool down and cut into slices.
- Use the knife to hit the cucumber to pat it a bit flat. And cut into small chunks. Add into pig ear slices.
- Chop 4 cloves of garlic and a little ginger. If you want it to be spicy, you can also add in chopped chili.
- Heat a pan, add in 1 tbsp oil. Saute garlic and ginger till aromatic. Add in 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar. Mix well.
- Pour sauce into the pig ear & cucumber. Give it a good stir.
- Add rice and water into a pot. Bring to boil. Rice:water is 1:4.
- Skim the porridge and remove the foam.
- Transfer all rice and water into pressure cooker. (I really use pressure cooker a lot recently). Cook for 20 mins.
- While porridge is being cooked, prepare the pork liver.
- Cut liver into slices. Wash in water again and again till no more blood.
- Marinate pork liver with 1 tbsp cooking wine, 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp white pepper powder, 1 pinch sugar, ginger slices and 1 tbsp starch. Mix well and marinate for 15-20 mins.
- When porridge is down, Keep heating it. Add in pork liver. Keep stirring cos the porridge will be very thickened. Cook for 5-8 mins till pork liver is fully cooked.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with chopped spring onion.
My husband likes this type of porridge, and he likes my pork liver porridge very much.
This dish is very simple.
1, Prepare pork belly with skin on, about 400g.
2, Boil some water, make sure it can cover the whole pork belly.
3, Put pork belly in, add in several ginger slices and 1 tsp cooking wine. Simmer with low heat for 20 mins.
4, Take pork belly out, put in a plate and let it cool down. And cut into slices.
5, Prepare sauce:
4 cloves of chopped garlic. (I stir fry it a bit in a pan with some oil, just to make it less pungent)
1/2 1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 chopped spring onion
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp sesame oil
Mix all of them in a bowl.
You can pour the sauce over the pork belly slices or use it as dipping sauce and serve with pork slices.
I chose the first way.
Pressure cooker makes this dish a lot easier to make.
- Prepare a pork belly with skin on, about 500 g.
- Roll it up from one side to the other. Tie it with kitchen twine very tight.
- Put pork in a deep pot, add in enough water. Bring to boil and cook for 10 mins.
- Rinse pork in water to wash off all the dirt.
- Put pork into pressure cooker. Add in 1/2 cup light soy sauce, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup mirin, 1/4 cup cooking wine, 1/4 cup dark soy sauce, 5 ginger slices, 1 stalk of chopped green onion.
- Cook in high pressure for 20 mins.
- Rotate the pork and cook for another 20 mins. Then rotate again and cook for last 20 mins.
- Take the pork out into a container. Pour the sauce in. Soak pork in the sauce. You can also add in boiled egg.
Put into fridge for hours or overnight.
Cut into slices and serve with chopped spring onion.
I know many people don’t eat pork intestines. But I like them.
Cleaning pork intestines may be a bit time consuming. Yet when you taste the dish after cooking, all the work is totally worth it.
- Remove the fat inside pork intestines. Just to make this dish a bit healthier.
- Put intestines in a big bowl, wash several times in water.
- Sprinkle salt and add in 2 tbsp vinegar. Wash and rub it for about 10 mins to remove all the dirt and the not-so-good smell.
- Wash clean in water again.
- Cut into rings.
- Add in light soy sauce to marinate them.
- Dust with starch.
- Deep fry till golden brown color with low-medium heat.
- Heat some oil, Add in chopped onion, garlic, and green chili. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Add in fried intestines and stir fry evenly.
- Add in 2 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce, and 1/2 tsp sugar. Mix well.
- Reduce sauce with medium heat.
1, Wash pig feet clean. I bought the pig feet from supermarket and they were chopped already.
2, Put pig feet in a pot, add in enough water covers them all.
3, Bring to boil and boil for 8-10 mins.
4, Take out the pig feet, Wash off all the dirt.
5, Put pig feet into pressure cooker, Add in 1 tbsp rock sugar, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce, bay leaves, ginger slices, star anise and cinnamon.
6, Cook under high pressure for 40 mins. Pig feet will become very soft and juicy.
7. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
8, Place pig feet in the baking tray with skin side up. Poke the skin with a fork and sprinkle chili powder, five spice powder and white sesame. and roast for 10-15 mins.
The other day, I bought a pack of frozen Spanish Iberian pork slices. And I decided to use it to cook pasta.
The only green vegetable I had is Kailan, so….no other choice for me.
1, Cook pasta and drain. Blanch kailan in hot water for 2 mins.
1, Heat skillet, Add in a little oil. Iberian pork is a bit fat, so I seared them to get all the fat out first.
2, When the pork starts to curl up, add in 2 cloves chopped garlic. Stir fry a bit.
3, Add in drained kailan. Stir fry for 2 mins. Season with salt and a lot of black pepper.
4, Off the heat, Add in pasta and mix well. Let pasta fully absorb the pork juice.
This dish is based on fried pork (xiao su rou).
lean pork 250g
salt 1/2 tsp
five spice powder 1/2 tsp
tomato sauce 4 tbsp
sugar 3 tbsp
vinegar 2 tbsp
water 2 tbsp
starch 1 tsp
- Cut pork into slices or strips. About 3-5 mm.
- In a bowl, add in starch (sweet potato starch would be the best choice, but I tried with corn starch and turned out not bad.) and beat in eggs. whisk till fully combined.
- Add in salt and spice powder. Stir well.
- Add pork slices into the batter. Stir to let them be fully covered with batter.
- Deep fry in oil till golden brown.
- To make them crispier, heat the oil and fry again. This step is optional.
- To make sauce: Heat a pan. Add in 1 tbsp oil. Then add in 4 tbsp tomato sauce. Stir fry to make tomato sauce fully mixed with oil. and color will be brighter. Add in 3 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp vinegar and 2 tbsp water. Simmer with low heat. Dissolve 1 tsp starch in a little water and add into the sauce.
- Add fried pork into the sauce. Quickly mix well.
My husband is a big fan of this dish.