My husband suddenly mentioned collagen the other day. Trotters came to my mind immediately. So I decided to cook this soup. A very classic Chinese trotter and soy bean soup.
It’s a very simple but time-consuming soup.
- Wash trotters in water and remove the hair.
- Soak soy beans in advance for 2 or 3 hours at least.
- Place trotters, soy beans, ginger slices, in a pot. Add in enough water.
- Turn to high heat, bring it to boil first. Skim the soup. And simmer with low heat for 2 hours at least.
- Season with salt and garnish some chopped spring onion.
I used the rice cooker’s soup function and simmer it for over 4 hours. It turned out amazing.
Soup is sticky and rich. Meat can easily fall off from the bone. My husband drank a whole big bowl of soup very fast. He couldn’t stop and kept saying “delicious”.