1. Cut trotters into small pieces.
2. Place trotter pieces in a pot. Pour in enough water covers trotter.
3. Turn on stove and heat till water boils. Take trotter pieces out. Rinse and drain.
4. Heat a little oil in the pan. Put trotter pieces in. Stir fry a bit.
5. Add in a little cooking wine, soy sauce, ginger slices, star anise and several sugar cubes. Then pour in hot water covers all ingredients.
6. Turn to low heat. Cover the pan with lid. Slow cook till water reduces to 1/3.
7. Turn to high heat. Keep stir frying until sauce becomes very condensed.