1. Cut trotters into small pieces.
2. Place trotter pieces in a pot. Pour in enough water covers trotter.
3. Turn on stove and heat till water boils. Take trotter pieces out. Rinse and drain.
4. Heat a little oil in the pan. Put trotter pieces in. Stir fry a bit.
5. Add in a little cooking wine, soy sauce, ginger slices, star anise and several sugar cubes. Then pour in hot water covers all ingredients.
6. Turn to low heat. Cover the pan with lid. Slow cook till water reduces to 1/3.
7. Turn to high heat. Keep stir frying until sauce becomes very condensed.
Boneless chicken leg
Light soy sauce 1 tsp
Dark soy sauce 1.5 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Hot water 4 tsp
1. Heat the pan. Put in the chicken with skin side down.
2. Flip it over when the skin side turns golden brown. And fry the other side till golden brown too.
3. Take the chicken out and cut into smaller pieces. Pour the chicken oil in the pan out.
4. Heat the pan and put chicken pieces back in the pan again. Stir fry for a minute or two.
5. Add in light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sugar. Stir fry till each chicken pieces is coated with sauce.
6. Add in around 4 tsp hot water. Turn to medium or low heat. Cover the lid. Braise for a while till the water reduces to little.
7. Turn to high height. Keep stir frying at the same time to make sauce condensed. Then turn off the stove and dish out.
I served it with cucumber slices. My husband loves it very much.