Pig ear taste very crunchy because it’s full of soft bone. In China, Many people like to make pig ear salad.
- Put pig ear into a pot, Add in several ginger slices, 1 tbsp cooking wine and 1 tbsp light soy sauce. Bring to boil with high heat. Then simmer with low heat for about 30 mins. Or until chopsticks can easily poke it through.
- Soak in cold water and drain. Let it cool down and cut into slices.
- Use the knife to hit the cucumber to pat it a bit flat. And cut into small chunks. Add into pig ear slices.
- Chop 4 cloves of garlic and a little ginger. If you want it to be spicy, you can also add in chopped chili.
- Heat a pan, add in 1 tbsp oil. Saute garlic and ginger till aromatic. Add in 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar. Mix well.
- Pour sauce into the pig ear & cucumber. Give it a good stir.