It’s a very convenient way to solve a meal when you don’t have enough time to cook.
1, Cook macaroni according to the instruction, usually 8-10 mins. At last 3 mins, add in trimmed green peas. Drain them.
2, Cut sausage into slices.
3, Heat a pan. Add in oil. Stir fry sausage for 2 mins.
4, Add in pasta sauce, and 2 tbsp macaroni stock and simmer for 2 mins.
5, Add in cooked macaroni and green peas. Stir well.
6, Season with salt, and pepper.
The other day, I bought a pack of frozen Spanish Iberian pork slices. And I decided to use it to cook pasta.
The only green vegetable I had is Kailan, so….no other choice for me.
1, Cook pasta and drain. Blanch kailan in hot water for 2 mins.
1, Heat skillet, Add in a little oil. Iberian pork is a bit fat, so I seared them to get all the fat out first.
2, When the pork starts to curl up, add in 2 cloves chopped garlic. Stir fry a bit.
3, Add in drained kailan. Stir fry for 2 mins. Season with salt and a lot of black pepper.
4, Off the heat, Add in pasta and mix well. Let pasta fully absorb the pork juice.
My father-in-law gave me Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I was super excited. I like Julia Child very much after I watched the movie Julie & Julia, and at that time, I didn’t even cook. She is a very nice cook with great sense of humor. And she’s bold in kitchen.
Most time, I cook Chinese food. There is a very big difference between Chinese and French cooking. Vegetable oil like canola oil, peanut oil or soy bean oil is often used in Chinese cooking, while butter in French cooking.
Today, I tried this Sautéed Chicken. Actually I used chicken drumsticks, cos they are in similar size, so I thought it would be easier to cook.
- Heat a pan. Add in 1 tbsp butter and 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil. I used about 6 chicken drumsticks. I turned to low medium heat while cooking. The heat power of My induction stove is kind of strong.
- Wipe chicken drumsticks with kitchen towel and dry them.
- Put chicken into the pan, sear for 2-3 mins till brownish. Then flip them to fry other the other side for 2-3 mins.
- Lid on and fry for 5 mins.
- Turn them around and lid on for another 5 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper, and also dried herbs.
- Lid on for 5 mins.
- Toss a bit and lid on for another 5 mins.
- Take all the drumsticks out in a plate. Pour the oil out just leave a bit in the pan.
- Heat the pan again. Add in 1 tsp chopped garlic. (I didn’t have shallot).
- When it turns aromatic, pour in 1/2 cup stock. Reduce to half remaining. (Original recipe also needs wine, but I didn’t follow that part.)
- Glaze chicken with reduced sauce.
They also go well with pasta.
- Prepare a boneless chicken leg. Cut it slightly to prevent curling up while cooking. Season it with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a pan. Usually I don’t add in oil, cos chicken leg contains fat. So Just sear the chicken with skin side down. Fry with medium-low heat for 3-5 mins or till skin turns golden. Flip it over and fry the other side till brownish too.
- Chicken out into a plate. There will be some oil left in the pan. Just use it to saute 1 chopped garlic clove. Then add in mushroom slices. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Pour in 1/2 cup stock. Simmer for 3 mins.
- Add in 1/4 cup milk, also season with salt, pepper and mixed dried herbs.
- Put Chicken back into the pan. Simmer for 10 mins to let it completely be cooked.
- Condense the soup by adding starch water. Keep stirring to reduce the sauce.
- And place chicken chop with sauce over cooked penne.
A perfect simple and quick meal for rushing hours.
1. Cook linguine according to the instruction and set aside.
2. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat a pan. Add in a little oil. Sear salmon with skin side down for 2-3 mins. Then flip over and fry for another 2-3 mins. And fry each side for another 1 min. Set salmon aside.
3. No need to wash pan. Use the same pan. Add in a little extra oil. Fry mushroom slices.
4. Add in a little chopped garlic. Sauté a bit.
5. Pour in 1/2 cup stock or water. Simmer mushroom for a little while, like 3 mins.
6. Add in 2-3 tablespoon cream. Stir well. Put cooked linguine in. Blend well.
7. Season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
Serve with salmon.
1. Prepare 3 medium tomatoes. Cut a cross at the bottom. Soak them in hot water for a little while, then they can be peeled easily.
2. Chop tomatoes into small cubes. Heat a sauce pan. Add in 1 tablespoon oil, fry 1 chopped onion till transparent. Add in tomato cubes 2 tablespoon tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar to balance the sourness, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp mixed herbs and 1/4 cup water. Simmer a bit to let tomatoes into paste. And reduce the sauce. Set aside for later use.
3. Heat a pan. Add in 1 tablespoon oil. When heated, add in squid rings, clam meat and shrimps. Stir fry for 2 min, add in 1 tsp chopped garlic. Pour in 1 tablespoon cooking wine. Simmer for 1 min or 2.
4. Add tomato sauce in and blend evenly. Mix with cooked linguine.
5. Season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
Garnish with spring onion or parsley.
I cooked this dish just because I have a small pack of pine seeds, lemon and also a small box basil. 🙂
Toast pine seeds in a pan. Keep low heat. Oil will come out from pine seeds. Toast till they become brownish and the flavor comes out.
- Cook spaghetti and drain them.
- Heat a pan. Add in all the cooked spaghetti and also add in 1 tablespoon stock.
- Squeeze in a little lemon juice. Add in chopped basil, lemon zest and toasted pine seeds. Stir evenly.
- Sprinkle in cheese. Blend well.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
Very fresh due to lemon zest.
I really like this pasta. It’s creamy, easy and only needs one pot.
- Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry prawns or shrimps (remove head and shell first) till cooked. Put them in a plate and set aside for later use.
- Use the same pan. Saute 1 or 2 chopped garlic. Add in cherries tomatoes (cut into halves). Stir fry for maybe 2 mins.
- Pour in 2 cups water or stock or half stock and half water. Bring to boil.
- Pasta in. Cook according to the instruction. Mine needs 10 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle in chopped parsley and cheese. Blend evenly.
- Add prawns in. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.