1. Prepare 3 medium tomatoes. Cut a cross at the bottom. Soak them in hot water for a little while, then they can be peeled easily.
2. Chop tomatoes into small cubes. Heat a sauce pan. Add in 1 tablespoon oil, fry 1 chopped onion till transparent. Add in tomato cubes 2 tablespoon tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar to balance the sourness, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp mixed herbs and 1/4 cup water. Simmer a bit to let tomatoes into paste. And reduce the sauce. Set aside for later use.
3. Heat a pan. Add in 1 tablespoon oil. When heated, add in squid rings, clam meat and shrimps. Stir fry for 2 min, add in 1 tsp chopped garlic. Pour in 1 tablespoon cooking wine. Simmer for 1 min or 2.
4. Add tomato sauce in and blend evenly. Mix with cooked linguine.
5. Season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
Garnish with spring onion or parsley.
I’m not surprised that my husband likes sweet food. But he also likes bitter gourd, which really does surprise me.
I think I used to cook bitter gourd by frying it or stir frying With scrambled egg or making it soup. I cooked scrambled eggs with bitter gourds for many many times. This time, I would like to add shrimps in.
It’s still quite easy.
1. Beat 3 eggs in a bowl. Stir with chopsticks. Cut 1/2 bitter gourd into slices (remove the seeds and white part first). Thaw the shrimps if you use frozen ones.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan. When it’s hot, pour the egg in. When the bottom starts to solidify, stir egg with chopsticks till almost cooked. Set aside for later use.
3. Add a little more oil if needed. Fry the shrimps till pinkish. Set them aside too.
4. Fry the bitter gourd slices in the same pan. Stir fry for around 3 mins.
5. Add all egg and shrimps back into the pan.
6. Season with salt and a little sugar. Stir fry evenly for another min.
Ready to serve.
Simple and healthy. Especially suitable for hot weather in summer.
An easy way to cook congee is putting rice in freezer for overnight.
So on the night before, wash rice, drain them. Put them in a bag. And put into freezer.
The next day. Boil a pot of hot water. No need to thaw the rice. Just put frozen rice in the boiling water. Once the water boils again, turn to low heat. Stir slowly so that rice won’t get burnt at the bottom. Cook for 20-30 mins. Rice will become very sticky and thick. If you want the congee to be very thick, the ratio of rice and water can be 1:10. Actually, my ratio of rice and water is 1:15. As I cook it longer, the congee can be very thick too.
Add in shrimps, cook for 3-5 mins.
Add in vegetables you like, cook for another 3 mins.
Season with a little salt and garnish with chopped spring onion.
A bowl of Leftover rice
Vegetables you like ( I chose corn, shiitake, onion)
Chopped spring onion
1. Beat two eggs in a large bowl. Add rice into eggs and mix them well to let each rice grain be coated with egg.
2. Heat some oil in the pan. Put rice in. Stir fry till golden brown and eggs are cooked. Set them aside for later use.
3. Fry shrimps till cooked.
4. Heat oil again. Stir fry vegetables together. My order is onion in first, then shiitake and corn at last.
5. Put all the rice and shrimps into vegetables. Stir fry evenly.
6. Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoon curry powder. If you want it to be more pungent, you can add more. Garnish with chopped spring onion.
It actually tastes very good.
1. Heat a pan on stove. Add in 2 tsp olive oil.
2. Sauté 2 chopped cloves of garlic till aromatic.
3. Add in peeled shrimps. Fry till red. Then dish out and set aside.
4. Add in 1 small can of tomato purée. If it’s too sticky, you can add in some pasta stock. Simmer to boil.
5. Add shrimps and pasta back to tomato sauce. Also with some chopped parsley. Season with salt and black pepper.
6. Blend well.
Serve with grated cheese.
1. Add 20g butter in the pan. When butter melts, add in fresh shrimps. Fry till pink.
2. Add in 2 gloves chopped garlic, sauté till aromatic.
3. Pour in 2 tablespoon white wine. Season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for 1 min.
4. Take the shrimps out and set aside. Pour 1 cup milk into pan. Bring to boil, add in 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
5. Stir to let cheese melt. Add in spinach, boil for 1 min.
6. Add all the shrimps and cooked pasta in the sauce. Mix well.
Chopped shrimp 100g
Chopped Spring onion 2 stalks
Mix them in a big bowl
All these three ingredients don’t have to be finely chopped. I crushed tofu with my hand. 🙂
For the seasonings:
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 tsp white pepper powder
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sugar
Mix well with shrimp, tofu & spring onion.
Next, add in flour while mixing. Stop when all ingredients can cling together to make patties. I added in about 3 tbsp flour.
Heat a pan on stove, brush pan with oil.
Use hand to make patties. Put patties in the pan. Fry till both sides turn golden brown.