I have been in Singapore for over 3 years. Sometimes when I was shopping for groceries in supermarket, I wondered why there is no luffa here. And one day, I saw a strange long Gourd with ridges around it. I picked it up and saw the name “luffa”. Then I realized, luffa here is very different from the luffa in my hometown.
This the the one I saw in my hometown:
This is the one I saw here in Singapore:
They look different, but they can be cooked in same way.
1. Wash the luffa and peel it. Cut it into wedges.
2. Soak dried black fungus in water for about 3 mins. Remove the bottom. Then tear into smaller pieces.
3. Beat 3 eggs in a bowl. Also prepare a little ginger shreds.
4. Heat a pan. Add in 1 tablespoon oil. When oil is heated, pour egg in. Don’t stir till the bottom solidifies. Use chopsticks to stir eggs. Dish them out once almost cooked.
5. Use the same pan. Add in a little extra oil if needed. Add in luffa, stir fry for 1 min. Then add in black fungus and stir fry for 2 mins.
6. Pour in 1/4 cup hot water. Place ginger shreds over top. Cove the lid and simmer for 2 mins.
7. Remove lid. Turn to high heat. Add in scrambled egg. Quickly stir fry evenly and season with salt.
I’m not surprised that my husband likes sweet food. But he also likes bitter gourd, which really does surprise me.
I think I used to cook bitter gourd by frying it or stir frying With scrambled egg or making it soup. I cooked scrambled eggs with bitter gourds for many many times. This time, I would like to add shrimps in.
It’s still quite easy.
1. Beat 3 eggs in a bowl. Stir with chopsticks. Cut 1/2 bitter gourd into slices (remove the seeds and white part first). Thaw the shrimps if you use frozen ones.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan. When it’s hot, pour the egg in. When the bottom starts to solidify, stir egg with chopsticks till almost cooked. Set aside for later use.
3. Add a little more oil if needed. Fry the shrimps till pinkish. Set them aside too.
4. Fry the bitter gourd slices in the same pan. Stir fry for around 3 mins.
5. Add all egg and shrimps back into the pan.
6. Season with salt and a little sugar. Stir fry evenly for another min.
Ready to serve.
Simple and healthy. Especially suitable for hot weather in summer.
1. Prepare all the ingredients:
3 beaten eggs
1 small pack of pea seedlings around 200g
2 chopped cloves of garlic
Light soy sauce
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. When the oil is heated, pour in beaten egg. Once bottom egg solidifies, stir egg with chopsticks. Set them in plate when scrambled egg is done.
3. Heat oil in the pan again. Sauté garlic till aromatic. Add in all the pea seedlings. Stir fry for around 2 mins or till pea seedlings becomes dark green and soft.
4. Add in 1 tsp cooking wine to remove the grass smell. Also add in 1 tsp light soy sauce. Stir fry a bit.
5. Add in scrambled egg. Stir fry evenly. Season with salt and serve hot.
It’s a very easy dish. I learned from my father. He seems to like this dish very much.
Beat two or three eggs in a bowl. Mix well. Heat a little oil in the pan. Pour egg in. Once the bottom solidifies, stir with chopsticks. And dish out once a little done.
Cut leek into medium pieces. Heat a little oil in the pan. Put leek in. Stir fry till leek turns darker in color and softened.
Sprinkle some salt. Stir fry for another minute or two. Add in scrambled egg. Stir fry evenly.
1. Put spinach in boiling water for several seconds. Take them out and drain. While spinach is cool, use hand to squeeze it and let the water out.
2. Heat some oil in the pan. Pour in mixed eggs. Once it solidifies, quick stir fry.
3. Add in spinach and some salt. Quick stir fry a little.
My husband loves eggs, and I love vegetables. Black fungus is said that can help clean waste in Hunan body. So I think it’s a healthy dish and also a dish makes both of us happy.
1. Make scrambled egg. And take them out.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Add in cucumber slices and stir fry till they get a little done.
3. Add in black fungus. Stir fry for another 1 minute or two.
4. Add scrambled egg into the pan with a little salt. Quick Stir fry evenly.
Becside my husband is crazy about eggs, I try to cook scrambled eggs with many different vegetables.
This is also an easy dish to cook.
1. Make scrambled egg. And put it in the plate.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Put in zucchini slices. Keep stir frying till zucchini is done.
3. Add in scramble egg, some salt. And stir fry evenly.
Scrambled egg really can go well with many vegetables.
This is also a very easy dish.
1. Make scrambled egg.
2. Take scrambled egg out. Add a little oil in the pan. When oil is hot, put chopped young garlic shoot in.
3. Stir fry till young garlic shoot’s skin gets crinkled.
4. Add in scrambled egg, and a little salt. Stir evenly. And it’s done.
If one dish should be chosen to represent China, I think it probably be this dish. It’s also the very first dish for most Chinese to learn how to cook. And it also shows up very often on Chinese’s table. It’s a quick, easy and delicious dish as well.
3 medium tomatoes ( peeled off, cut into even sized pieces. One tomato can be cut into 8 small pieces)
Oil, salt, sugar, chopped spring onion, starch, water.
1. Make omelet. Take omelet out once it solidify.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Put the tomato pieces in. Stir fry a little.
3. Add in salt and sugar. Keep stir frying. Juice will come out from tomato.
4. Put the omelet in and mix well with tomatoes. Omelet will be coated with tomato sauce.
5. Add in a little starchy water. Quick stir fry a little.
6. Sprinkle chopped spring onion before taking out into the plate.
In many Chinese small restaurant, they have rice topped by scrambled egg with tomatoes or noodles topped by scrambled egg with tomatoes in their menu. And it’s true that the sauce of this dish is a very good match for rice.