For the fillings, I use chicken, eggplant, onion and carrot.
small eggplant 1
small carrot 1
small onion 1/2
light soy sauce 2 tsp
oyster sauce 1 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp
sugar 1/2 tsp
- Cut chicken, eggplant, carrot, onion into dice. Put eggplant into a plate and sprinkle some salt. Let it stay for 10 mins. Then squeeze the water out.
- Heat a pan, Add in 1 tbsp oil. Chicken in first. When chicken is no more pinkish, add in carrot, eggplant and onion. Stir fry for about 2 mins.
- Add in light soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and sugar. Stir fry evenly. Juice of vegetable will come out. Simmer for 3 mins. Then set aside.
- Heat the pan again. Add in 1 tbsp oil. Beat 2 eggs in a bowl, whisk very finely. When oil is hot. Pour the egg in.
- Use the chopsticks to push egg to the center. Then a big egg disc will be formed. When the bottom is a bit brownish, Add fillings to the center. Gently cover it by folding the edges towards the center.
- Flip it with the help of spatula. Fry for another minute.
- Serve with chili sauce.
I have several more recipes for homemade dog food.
- boiled sweet potato with dog food.
My dog Charlie actually doesn’t like his dog food very much. My husband and I tried several different types of dog food: chicken flavor, lamb flavor, salmon flavor. All end the same, he might like it at the first, then he loses interest. When I put dog food in his bowl, he just watches everything and sits still. If I ask him to come over, he will come and sniff. Then he just walks away. So I try to add flavor with boiled sweet potato or pumpkin. He loves it and finishes them all.
Bad thing is he may poo poo a lot.
2, Lamb macaroni
I put lamb bone in a big pot. Add in enough water. Bring to boil with high heat. Skim soup and remove the dirt and fat. Slow cook for 40 mins. There is also some lamb meat on the bone. So I use the soup to cook macaroni. He loves it.
3. Boiled egg with dog food.
Charlie loved boiled egg. I guess he loves all the food except dog food. 🙂
I don’t want to give him too much egg, so i usually boil 1 egg and eat half. Mash the rest half and mix with his dog food. And i only give very little egg white to Charlie.
4, Bland rice and chicken.
Charlie got diarrhea several days ago. I stop giving him dog food and his treat. Instead I cooked rice and chicken for him. It’s super simple. I bough minced chicken. Put minced chicken with rice in rice cooker and cook them together. Or I used boiled chicken breast, Tear it into small pieces and mix with rice. Charlie soon recovers from diarrhea.
eggs 2 large ones
1, Beat eggs in a bowl.
2, Heat a pan, oil in. Make scramble egg first. Remove the pan from stove immediately when eggs get almost done. Don’t over cook them.
3, Oil in the pan again. Fry spinach till spinach turns soft and greener.
4, Add scrambles egg into spinach. Mix well.
5, Season with salt.
1. Prepare Prawns first. Remove the intestines and wash clean.
2. Put all Prawns in a big bowl. Add in 1 egg white, a little salt and pepper and 2 tablespoon corn starch. Mix well.
3. Deep fry Prawns in oil till golden brown. Drain them.
4. Heat 1 tsp oil in a sauce pan. Add in 20g butter. When butter melts, pour in 2 egg yolks. Stir while pouring. Egg yolk will become shredded.
5. Add in red chili rings and chopped garlic. Stir fry a bit.
6. Add all the fried prawns back to sauce pan. Mix well.
- Prepare 1 small carrot. Peel it and grate it into thin shreds.
- In a bowl, beat in 3 large eggs. Also season with salt, black pepper and 2 tsp water. Add in chopped spring onion. Stir well.
- Heat a pan, add in 1 tsp oil. Fry the carrot for 2-3 mins till carrots turn softened. season with a little salt.
- Spread carrot evenly in pan. Gently pour the egg in.
- Turn to low heat and shake the pan to let the egg spread evenly. When the bottom turns golden. Flip it over. I have to say I’m terrible at this. I broke it. It was supposed to be a perfect round shape. Well, life can be hard sometimes. Deal with it.
- Fry the other side for about 2 mins. Ready to serve.
Carrot adds sweetness to the egg. Very nice.
I used 4 eggs and 1 small ripe avocado in this recipe. You can adjust it according to your preference, use more eggs, less avocado or less eggs and more avocado.
- Boil eggs till they are hard boiled.
- Cut each eggs into halves. Gently scoop out the egg yolk.
- Put egg yolk and avocado in a bowl, mash them with a fork. Ripe avocado will make it a lot easier. I just mash them coarsely, so there is still avocado chunks in it.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Squeeze in 1/2 lime juice, 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise.
- Mix well till fully combined.
- Scoop egg yolk & avocado mixture with a spoon and put into the egg white.
- You can sprinkle some more black pepper or smoke paprika powder.
They are super easy to make and healthy too.
Actually I cooked half soy sauce chicken. It’s quite simple and can be done by rice cooker.
- Put the half chicken (approx. 300-400g) in a big bowl. Sprinkle a little oil and light soy sauce. Massage the chicken to let the oil and soy sauce evenly spread. Let it marinate for 30 mins.
- Brush oil to the bottom of rice cooker. Put in 3 or 4 ginger slices, 1 or 2 stalk of green onion. Chicken on ginger and green onion.
- Pour in 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup light soy sauce, 2 tsp dark soy sauce, and 2 tsp sugar.
- Cover the lid, press cooking button. When it’s done, flip the chicken over. Cover the lid and press button again.
- When it’s done again, don’t open the lid immediately. Let it be tightly closed for another 10 mins. After that, it’s ready to serve.
For tamago yaki:
Beat 2 eggs in a bowl. Add in 1 tsp milk and 1 pinch salt. Blend well.
Heat a pan (I used the normal round shape pan not the square type). Brush a little oil. Pour 1/3 egg in. Gently stir with chopsticks. Push all the egg to one side of the pan. Pour in a little more egg. When it starts to solidify, Roll the egg from the previous egg side to the other. Repeat the step till finish all the egg.
Cool down and cut into slices.
To make my husband eat more vegetables, I added in some broccoli, cauliflower and cherry tomatoes.
He loved it and finished them all.
I’ve been having this soup since I was very little. There is a little difference between the soup in the southern and northern China. Usually, southerners like soup and they like the soup that cooked for hours. I know many northerners like my family don’t consume too much time cooking soup. So fast soup like this tomato & egg tofu is popular in north.
1 pack tofu (optional)
chopped spring onion
- Cut a cross at the bottom of tomatoes. Soak them in hot water for a little while. Then it can be peeled easily. Chop tomatoes into small cubes.
- Cut tofu into small pieces. Tofu is not a must-have ingredient in this soup. You can skip this step if you don’t have.
- Beat 1 egg into a bowl.
- Heat a pan. Drizzle in a little oil. Add in tomato pieces. Turn to low heat. Stir fry tomatoes till it turns very softened and mashed.
- Pour in 1/2 1 cup water. Also add in tofu if you have. Simmer for 5-8 mins.
- Dissolve 2 tsp starch in 1 tbsp water, and add into the soup. Stir well.
- Stir soup with a spoon and pour in beaten egg at the same time. cook for another 1 min to get egg done.
- Season with salt.
Garnish with spring onion and drizzle in sesame oil before serving.
Very simple and super fast.
- Heat a little oil in the pan. Add in clam meat, and stir fry till aromatic.
- Pour in 2 cups of hot water. Also cut in tofu cubes. Water will become milky white in color.
- Bring soup to boil. And simmer for 3- 5 mins.
- Beat 1 egg in a bowl. Add egg into the soup. Bring to boil again.
- Season with salt.
You can serve with a drop of sesame oil and coriander or chopped spring onion.
My husband loves it.