1, Boil 300g sweet potato till fully cooked.
2, Remove the peel and cut into small pieces.
3, Add them into blender with 200ml coconut milk. Blend till smooth.
4, Add paste into a bowl. Add in 2/3 cup tapioca flour, 1/2 cup corn flour, 100 ml water and 1 pinch salt. Whisk well.
5, Boil 300ml water with 1/2 cup sugar till sugar fully dissolved.
6, Add sugar water into the paste. Stir well.
7, Grease cake pan with oil. Pour paste into the pan. Steam over hot water for 15 mins.
8, In a bowl, mix 200g grated coconut with 1 pinch salt. Steam for 5 mins.
9, Cut steamed cake into smaller pieces and roll in coconut flakes.
Because all the ingredients I used are for 2 cakes. So please halve the ingredients if you only need to bake 1 cake.
plain flour 330g
ground almond 60g
baking soda 2 tsp
baking powder 1 tsp
eggs 3 large ones
vanilla 1 tsp
canola oil 1 cup
Preheat Oven to 180 Degree C.
1, Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, ground almond, baking soda, baking powder) in a big bowl.
2,In another bowl, beat in eggs. Whisk well.
3, Add in yogurt, mix well.
4,Add in sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir well before adding the new ingredient.
5, Add batter into the pan.
6, Into the oven for 40 mins. Remember to check with toothpick.
I found this incredible homemade white bread recipe on YouTube. It doesn’t require a bread machine, nor much kneading. Every step is super easy. But the bread came out is amazing. I cannot believe the procedure is so simple, and bread is as good and soft as the ones bought from bakery shop.
I really really love this recipe:
I followed the recipe and the steps.
1 cup lukewarm water
1/8 cup sugar
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tablespoons oil
2 cups flour (roughly)
- Pour warm water into a big bowl. Add in sugar and dry yeast. Let it rest for 10 mins and wait it foams up.
- Add in oil, salt. Stir a bit.
- Add in flour, 1 cup first. Stir a bit. Then add in the other cup flour.
- Stir into a dough.
- Sprinkle some flour over the board. Knead the dough on it. Keep kneading till it’s not that sticky.
- Brush a bowl with some oil. Put dough inside. Cover with plastic wrap and towel.
- Let it rise till twice big.
- Take the dough out. Roll it into oval shape. Roll it from one end to the other.
- Brush oil or butter to the loaf pan. Put dough into it. Cover again with plastic wrap and towel. Let it rise till it almost fulfill the pan.
- Put the dough into the oven. Turn to 190 Degree C. (No need to preheat). and set 25 mins.
This is how my bread looks when I took it out the oven.
Let it cool down and cut into slices.
I didn’t expect it came out that good and soft.
I will definitely make it again. And will probably only use this recipe when I want to make white bread at home.
- Cut egg tofu into slices about 1 cm thick.
- Roll tofu in potato starch.
- Heat a pan, add in oil. Fry tofu till the out layer becomes crispy and golden color. Then set them aside for later use.
- Heat the pan again. Add in 1/2 tsp oil. Saute 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
- Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce and 1 tsp sugar. Stir evenly.
- Dissolve 1 tsp starch in 1 tbsp water and add into the sauce.
- Add tofu into the sauce. Reduce the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion.
Main ingredients are honey and lemon. To make it not taste bitter, I remove the lemon peel and the white part. If you think it’s too troublesome and totally fine with the little bitter taste. You can leave them.
- Wash lemon under water. Place them in a big bowl. Sprinkle some salt. Rub them with two hands. Then rinse under water. Dry them with kitchen towel.
- Cut lemons into slices or wedges or chunks. If the peel is on, thin slices will be better.
- Prepare a bottle. Boil it in hot water for mins to sterilize. Then let it dry in the air.
- 1 spoonful honey in and based at the bottom. Lemons over it. Then honey layer again, lemon again. Repeat till the bottle is full.
5. Store it in the fridge.
It can be used to make drinks.
Last time, when my husband and I went to shopping for groceries, I found there’s sale on lemon. So I bought 2 packs of lemon. Then I decided to make salted lemon with them.
It’s quite easy.
1. Wash lemon in water. Sprinkle some salt over them. Rub with fingers. Then rinse under water. Dry them with kitchen towel.
2. Weigh them. This step is important. Cos we need to know the weight, then we can decide how much salt is needed. Salt should be 10%-15% weight of lemon. For example, my lemon is 150g, then the salt I use should be somewhere between 10g – 15g.
3. Cut lemon into wedges or slices. Put them in a sterilized jars.
4. Add in salt. Tighten the cap.
5. Shake the jar or bottle. Put it into fridge for 3-7 days.
Don’t forget to put a date label on it.
Salted lemon can be used to cook or to make drinks.
My husband is on a short trip to China. While I am home alone, I try to figure out some dishes that are simple and easy to cook. One-pot dish is always my first choice.
1. Prepare sausage (cut into slices), two tomatoes (peeled and chopped), one small chopped onion, 2 cloves chopped garlic, mixed vegetables, chicken stock (or water).
2. Heat a little oil in a pan. Add in sausage slices. Fry a bit till brownish.
3. Garlic and onion in. Sauté till aromatic.
4. Put all the tomato dice in. If you want it easier, you can also choose to use tomato purée. Sprinkle a little salt. Simmer tomato a bit till juice comes out.
5. Pour in chicken stock. Bring to boil.
6. Add in linguine or pasta you like. Cook for 7 mins.
7. Add in mixed vegetables and cook for another 3 mins.
In the last several mins, you can turn to the high heat to reduce the sauce.
Season with salt and black pepper.
I got this recipe when I was checking on China Weibo. And I believe the original recipe is from a Japanese APP called Cookpad. And the author’s name is Mari. This recipe is the easiest way to make cheesecake.
All you need are:
White chocolate 40g
Cream cheese 200g
Lemon juice 1/2tsp
1. Melt white chocolate with cream in a saucepan by low heat. Keep stirring.
2. Whip the cream cheese till light.
3. Beat eggs into cream cheese. Better add in 2-3 times.
4. Add lemon juice into cream cheese.
5. Add chocolate & cream mixture into cream cheese. Stir well.
6. Into preheated oven (160 degree C) and bake for 35mins.
Super easy. No extra tools are needed. No need to bake for a long time. And it also turns out not bad.
Solid and creamy.
1. Clean Prawns. Remove head and shell. Wash them clean. Wipe them with kitchen towel to make sure they are very very dry.
2. Add 1-2 tablespoon corn starch into Prawns. Let the Prawns be coated with a thin layer of starch.
3. Heat some oil in the pan. Fry Prawns till the outside starch layer turns a bit golden brown. Take them out and set aside.
4. Use the same pan. Add in a little more oil if needed. Sauté chopped ginger, garlic and spring onion till aromatic. Add in 2 tsp light soy sauce, and 2 tsp oyster sauce.
5. Prawns in. Mix well with sauce. And it’s done.
Don’t throw away the prawn shells and heads. They can be used to cook prawn stock. Just heat a little oil in a pot. Add in all the shells and prawn heads. Stir fry till pink. Add in hot water. Cover the lid. Simmer with low heat for 2-3 hrs. Ideal stock to cook noodles or soup.
1. Cut scallops into two thinner pieces. Peel the asparagus and cut them. Also prepare several carrot slices to garnish the dish.
2. Boil a pot of water, add in 1 tsp salt. Blanch asparagus and carrot for 1 min. Rinse under water and drain them.
3. Heat a pan. In with 1 tablespoon oil. Sauté a little garlic & ginger slices. Add in scallops. Fry each side for 1 min.
4. Add in asparagus and carrot. Quickly blend them.
5. Add in 1 tsp cooking wine, 1 tsp light soy sauce and a little salt to season. Stir fry evenly.
6. At last, in with a little starch water.