Due to the COVID-19, it’s really difficult to find fresh meat, seafood and vegetables in supermarket. Cos all the shelves are empty. I just found this frozen saba fish in the fridge. So seems that I have no other choice.
This dish is super easy. Just 3 steps.
1, Season saba fish with salt and black pepper on both side.
2, Preheat oven to 200 degree.
3, Put fish into the oven and roast for 18-20 mins.
1. Prepare a Saba fish fillet. Cut into halves. And make a cut on the skin side.
2. Boil some water. Add fish fillet in. Once fish turns white, take them out. Soak in cold water and wash them clean.
3. Heat a pan. Add in 1 cup water, 1/4 cup cooking wine, 1/4 cup mirin, 1 tablespoon sugar. Bring to boil. Dissolve in 1 tablespoon miso. Put fish in. Also add in a little ginger slices. Simmer for 5 mins.
4. Add in green pepper. Simmer for 2 mins. And take the pepper out.
5. Dissolve in another tablespoon miso. Turn up the heat and reduce sauce for a little while.
6. Take the fish out into the plate. Pour the sauce over fillet. Serve with green pepper and green onion shreds.
Saba fish is very popular in Japan. And Saba fish fillet is also very commonly seen here in Singapore. I buy them sometimes.
This fish can be easily roasted by oven.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
2. Season fish fillet with salt and black pepper on both sides.
3. Into the oven for 15-18 mins. Because my husband likes the crispy fish skin, so when I put the fish into oven, I usually set the skin side up. At the last 5 mins, I will turn the fish over and place lemon slice on the fish.