I bought one pack of this kind of small kampung fish from supermarket. I think I have never bought them before.
And I cooked them in a very simple way.
The fishes I bought already cleaned and head-removed. So I only need to wash them under water.
Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder and marinate for 20 mins.
Deep fry for about 15 mins or till very crispy.
Oh, my husband loved them very much.
It’s a Thai style dish. My husband and I once had dinner in a small Thai restaurant. This dish was served there and we were so impressed.
250g pork belly
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoons fish sauce
1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/2 tablespoon sesame seed
1/8 cup tempura flour
This dish is actually very simple to make. Just mix all the ingredients above in a bowl. And marinate the pork for 30 mins. Deep fry for 10-15 mins till brownish and crispy.
Cool down and cut into slices.
Since it’s an oily dish, you can serve it with chili sauce (squeeze in a little lime juice will be better.)
It’s not a very healthy dish, so please don’t eat too much. 🙂
lean pork 250g
salt 1/2 tsp
five spice powder 1/2 tsp
- Cut pork into slices or strips. About 3-5 mm.
- In a bowl, add in starch (sweet potato starch would be the best choice, but I tried with corn starch and turned out not bad.) and beat in eggs. whisk till fully combined.
- Add in salt and spice powder. Stir well.
- Add pork slices into the batter. Stir to let them be fully covered with batter.
- Deep fry in oil till golden brown.
- To make them crispier, heat the oil and fry again.
Fried pork can be used to cook other dishes, like stew or sweet & sour pork. It’s a very popular dish during Chinese New Year in some part of China.
- Wash and clean squid.
- Cut squid into rings or smaller pieces.
- In a bowl, add in 1 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder. Season with salt and black pepper. And to add more flavor, I also added in 1 tsp dried mixed herbs. Mix them well.
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Dip squid in flour mixture and shake off the excessive.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- I also cut lemon slices and parsley. Also roll them in flour mixture and fry.
My husband loved it very much.
This kind of small prawn is not very often seen in the supermarket. But it’s very commonly seen in my hometown. I remember that my mom always cook it for us just by simply deep frying them.
- Wash prawns clean in water. Dry them a bit with kitchen towel. No need to make them completely dry.
- Season with a little cooking wine, salt and black pepper. Marinate for 20 mins.
- Sprinkle flour over them to get them coated with thin flour layer.
- Deep fry them till golden brown.
Very crispy and delicious!
Even though I almost cook everyday at home, and my husband is satisfied with my food, he still needs to have fast food like KFC or McDonald occasionally. Part of him is really crazy about fast food. That’s also why I cook fried chicken once in a while. One day, I asked my husband if there is any food he wanted to have, he’s like “can you cook chicken nuggets for me?” with his small eyes wide open. I’ve never disappointed him in cooking so far. So my answer is “yes”. And I am gonna cook chicken nuggets for the first time.
- I used chicken breast as main ingredient. Cut a whole chicken breast into small chunks (one-bite size).
- Prepare a bowl. Add in 1 cup bread crumbs, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp paprika powder, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp dried oregano. Mix them well.
- Beat 1 egg in another bowl. Also prepare some flour.
- Dip chicken in flour first. Shake off the excessive. Then egg and seasoned bread crumbs at last.
- Deep fry chicken till golden brown and crispy.
Out layer is crispy and full of seasoning flavor.
Meat inside is very tender and juicy.
And of course, my husband loved them.
I love dumplings, whether they are boiled or fried.
This pan fried dumplings have very crunchy bottom with beautiful golden looks.
1. Brush oil in the pan.
2. Place dumplings ( I used frozen dumplings given by my mother in-law) in the pan.
3. Turn to medium heat. When the bottom turns lightly golden. Turn to low heat.
4. In a small bowl, mix starch and water, ratio should be 1:10.
5. Pour starch water slowly into pan. Stop when the water reaches about 1/3 height of dumpling.
6. Cover pan with lid.
7. When the water almost dry after several mins, remove lid. Turn to medium heat. Let the water dry completely. The turn off stove.
8. Take a big plate that can cover pan. Put the plate on the pan like a lid. Then switch them upside down to let dumplings drop into plate.
Half zucchini (cut into thin slices)
Flour 4 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Egg 1 (beat slightly in a bowl)
1. In a small plastic bag, put in flour and salt. Mix them well.
2. Put zucchini slice in the bag. Shake several times to let zucchini be coated with a thin layer of flour.
3. Dip zucchini in the egg to let both side covered by egg.
4. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry zucchini till one side turn golden brown. Then flip over. Fry both sides till golden brown.
Serve with the sauce you like.
1. Cut eggplants into thick pieces. Cut several times on each side.
2. Heat some oil in the pan. Fry eggplants till each side gets golden brown. Then take out.
3. Put some chopped ginger and spring onion in the pan. Stir fry a little.
4. Put fried eggplants back in the pan. Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce and 1 tsp sugar. Stir fry evenly.
5. Sprinkle some chopped garlic granules and salt. Stir fry evenly for another minute. Dish out.
Marinate salmon with a little salt and black pepper.
Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry salmon till each side turns golden brown, which takes 2-3 mins. Then dish them out.
Add 1 tsp tomato sauce, 1 tsp black pepper sauce and 1 tsp sugar in the pan with 2 tsp water. Stir till condensed and pour over salmon.