Because My mini king oyster mushrooms are not in unified size, so I cut the bigger ones into halves. You can also use normal king oyster mushrooms, just cut them into slices before cooking.
- Heat a pan, add in 1 tbsp oil.
- Arrange mushrooms in the pan in single layer. When the down side turns golden brown, flip them over.If you want to add more flavor, you can add in some chopped garlic and butter.
- When the other side also turns brown. Fry each side for another 2 or 3 mins with low heat.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
This is a typical dish of Northern China cuisine. 2 secret ingredients are dried mushroom and sweet potato glass noodles.
I brought them here from my hometown when last time I went back.
This type of sweet potato glass noodles need to be soaked in water for hours to get softened. Also wash mushroom many times and soak them before cooking.
- In a pot, add in chicken cutlet. And pour in enough water. Bring to boil and keep boiling for 5 mins.
- Rinse chicken in water and remove all the dirt.
- Heat a pan, Add in 2 tsp oil. Fry chicken till slightly golden brown.
- Add in ginger slices, green onion slices and dried chili. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Add in other spices: star anise, bay leaf, and cinnamon. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Drizzle in 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce and also add in 1/2 tbsp sugar.
- Add in enough hot water covers all ingredient.
- Spread glass noodles over the top. (because my glass noodles really need a long time to be fully cooked). Lid on and simmer with low heat for 15 mins.
- Add in mushroom. Simmer for another 20 mins.
Stir occasionally and reduce the sauce with high heat.
Prepare the sauce:
2 chopped garlic cloves,
sugar 1 tsp,
light soy sauce 2 tsp,
oyster sauce 1 tsp.
oil 1 tsp
Mix well in a small bowl.
- Trim enoki mushrooms. Wash them clean and drain.
- Arrange mushroom on baking plate.
- Brush sauce over mushroom.
Put mushroom into the oven. 180 degree C and 20 mins.
Flip a bit in the halfway.
If you don’t have a griller, but you really want to try BBQ pork at home, maybe you can try my method. All you need is a skillet.
- Prepare a skillet. Heat on stove. Brush it with oil. Wipe pork belly with kitchen towel. Place pork belly into the skillet when it’s very hot. My stove is induction and it’s super quick for skillet to get hot. I turn to 3 out of 9, and that would be hot enough.
- When put the pork belly in, don’t move it and let it get seared.
- When the down side turns beautifully golden brown, flip it over to sear the other side.
- After both sides turn brownish. Turn down the heat. Cut big pork belly slices into short ones by scissors.
Sear with low heat to make sure pork belly is fully cooked.
If you want to add vegetables, you can push pork belly to the side. Arrange vegetables in the skillet.
I used sausage, shiitake mushroom, onion, green chili and garlic. Fat from the pork adds more flavor to vegetables.
Cook with low heat and patience.
You will get shiny golden pork belly and nice pot of mixed vegetables.
Dip them in the sauce you like. Because I didn’t marinate the pork, so they taste plain. You can serve in Korean style, with salt, kimchi, pickles and lettuce.
If you want to marinate the pork before cooking, that will also work.
It’s a nice choice for Chinese New Year.
- Prepare abalones, wash them clean and dry with kitchen towel. Soak Chinese shiitake mushrooms in water (the dry type). Then remove the stem. Keep the mushroom water. Except shiitake mushroom, I also use another kind of mushroom. But only shiitake also works.
- Heat a pan. Add in 2 tsp oil. Sear 1 small chunk of pork belly. When the pork belly turns a bit golden brown. Add in 2 chopped garlic cloves. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Add in all the mushrooms. Fry a bit.
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce, and 1 tbsp oyster sauce. Mix evenly with mushroom.
- Pour in mushroom water, about 1/2 1 cup and 1/2 cup stock. bring to boil with high heat.
- Transfer everything into pressure cooker. Also add in abalones.
- Cook 20 mins under high pressure.
- Cut broccoli into small chunks. Blanch in water for 3 mins.
- Arrange broccoli in the plate.
- Place abalone and mushrooms in the center.
- Pour the sauce into a sauce pan. Add in 1 tbsp sugar. heat it and stir.
- Add in starch water to thicken the sauce.
- Drizzle sauce over the abalones and mushrooms.
- Soak glass noodles in water till softened and drain them. Prepare sauce: 1tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tbsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tbsp sugar. Mix them well in a bowl.
- Clean and trim prawns. Marinate them with cooking wine, salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan, Add in a little oil. Fry prawns till red on both sides.
- Take the prawns out and heat the same pan (no need to wash).
- Saute chopped garlic and ginger till aromatic. Add in chopped shiitake mushroom (optional) and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add in glass noodles. Also pour in sauce. Use chopsticks to stir glass noodles to let them be coated with sauce.
- Pour in 1/4 cup stock. Turn to low heat and lid on. Simmer for 5 mins. Add more stock if it gets dry.
- Add the prawns and red chili shreds in. Mix well. Maybe a little more stock and lid on for another 3 mins.
- Lid off. Stir with chopsticks evenly.
Garnish with green onion.
- Prepare a boneless chicken leg. Cut it slightly to prevent curling up while cooking. Season it with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a pan. Usually I don’t add in oil, cos chicken leg contains fat. So Just sear the chicken with skin side down. Fry with medium-low heat for 3-5 mins or till skin turns golden. Flip it over and fry the other side till brownish too.
- Chicken out into a plate. There will be some oil left in the pan. Just use it to saute 1 chopped garlic clove. Then add in mushroom slices. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Pour in 1/2 cup stock. Simmer for 3 mins.
- Add in 1/4 cup milk, also season with salt, pepper and mixed dried herbs.
- Put Chicken back into the pan. Simmer for 10 mins to let it completely be cooked.
- Condense the soup by adding starch water. Keep stirring to reduce the sauce.
- And place chicken chop with sauce over cooked penne.
Usually in China, Chicken stew is made from a whole chicken. But I know for sure that my husband and I cannot finish a whole chicken stew. So I just used a whole boneless chicken leg instead.
- Soak dry 5 or 6 shiitake mushroom in 2 cups water. (Rinse under water first to remove all the dirt). Keep the shiitake water. Remove the stem and cut into 4 halves.
- Cut chicken into one-bite size.
- Heat a pan. Since there is fat in chicken, so actually, no need to add any oil. Sear the chicken to let the fat out.
- When chicken turns white, add in 2 tsp cooking wine. Stir fry till chicken got dry again.
- Add in 2 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce and 1/2 1 tsp sugar (you can adjust it according to your preference). Stir fry to let chicken be coated with sauce.
- Add in shiitake, stir fry for about 2 mins.
- Pour in shiitake water covers all ingredients. Add in spices (ginger, star anise, bay leaf), I also added in 1 chopped carrot.
- Lid on. Simmer with low heat for 20-30 mins to make sure chicken is completely cooked.
- Lid off and reduce sauce with high heat.