It’s a nice choice for Chinese New Year.
- Prepare abalones, wash them clean and dry with kitchen towel. Soak Chinese shiitake mushrooms in water (the dry type). Then remove the stem. Keep the mushroom water. Except shiitake mushroom, I also use another kind of mushroom. But only shiitake also works.
- Heat a pan. Add in 2 tsp oil. Sear 1 small chunk of pork belly. When the pork belly turns a bit golden brown. Add in 2 chopped garlic cloves. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Add in all the mushrooms. Fry a bit.
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce, and 1 tbsp oyster sauce. Mix evenly with mushroom.
- Pour in mushroom water, about 1/2 1 cup and 1/2 cup stock. bring to boil with high heat.
- Transfer everything into pressure cooker. Also add in abalones.
- Cook 20 mins under high pressure.
- Cut broccoli into small chunks. Blanch in water for 3 mins.
- Arrange broccoli in the plate.
- Place abalone and mushrooms in the center.
- Pour the sauce into a sauce pan. Add in 1 tbsp sugar. heat it and stir.
- Add in starch water to thicken the sauce.
- Drizzle sauce over the abalones and mushrooms.
It is the first time for me to cook abalone. Since Chinese New Year is quite near, abalone becomes a popular choice in supermarket. My husband just stared at those abalone for a little while, and I knew for sure that he wanted to have some. I decided to cook them in the easiest way, and which is steaming.
- Clean abalone. Gently separate the meat and the shell. Because I found the shell seems to be impossible to be completely cleaned, so I thought I’d better discard the shell. Also remove the intestines and wash off all the dirt.
- Soak vermicelli in hot water till soft and drain them.
- In a small bowl, add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp cooking wine, 1/2 tsp oyster sauce. Mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add in 3 or 4 cloves of chopped garlic. Saute till aromatic.
- Place vermicelli in a plate. Pour the sauce in evenly. Then scatter abalone on the vermicelli. Top abalone with garlic. If there is still some extra garlic, just place them over the vermicelli.
- In boiling water and steam for about 8 mins.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion.
Vermicelli will be very tasty and my husband loved it.