It’s a nice choice for Chinese New Year.
- Prepare abalones, wash them clean and dry with kitchen towel. Soak Chinese shiitake mushrooms in water (the dry type). Then remove the stem. Keep the mushroom water. Except shiitake mushroom, I also use another kind of mushroom. But only shiitake also works.
- Heat a pan. Add in 2 tsp oil. Sear 1 small chunk of pork belly. When the pork belly turns a bit golden brown. Add in 2 chopped garlic cloves. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Add in all the mushrooms. Fry a bit.
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce, and 1 tbsp oyster sauce. Mix evenly with mushroom.
- Pour in mushroom water, about 1/2 1 cup and 1/2 cup stock. bring to boil with high heat.
- Transfer everything into pressure cooker. Also add in abalones.
- Cook 20 mins under high pressure.
- Cut broccoli into small chunks. Blanch in water for 3 mins.
- Arrange broccoli in the plate.
- Place abalone and mushrooms in the center.
- Pour the sauce into a sauce pan. Add in 1 tbsp sugar. heat it and stir.
- Add in starch water to thicken the sauce.
- Drizzle sauce over the abalones and mushrooms.
1. Place a half chicken breast on a chopping board. Cover it with plastic wrap. Use a meat hammer to hit the chicken till it becomes a flat thin disc.
2. Prepare 1/4 head of a small broccoli. Cut into small pieces. Bleach in water for 2-3 mins. Put them in a blender and blend into coarse paste.
3. Pour the broccoli paste out. Season with salt and pepper. Also drizzle in a little olive oil.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of flatten chicken breast.
5. Spread broccoli paste onto it. Gently roll it from one end to another.
Use toothpick to fix it.
6. Also drizzle a little olive oil over the shocker breast roll.
7. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. 15-20 mins.
It’s a healthy-looking dish. 🙂
- Cut broccoli into small parts. Blanch in water for 3 mins. Then soak in cold water and drain.
- Heat a pan. Add in some oil. Fry shiitake mushrooms. 2 mins each side.
- Add in 2 tablespoon stock or water (stock is better). Simmer for 4 or 5 mins or till cooked.
- Set mushroom aside. Heat a pan. A little oil in. saute chopped garlic. Then add in 1 tsp light soy sauce,1 tsp oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon stock). Reduce the sauce a bit.
- Place broccoli and mushroom in a plate. pour the sauce over them.
So so easy.
This is a simple combination with meat, vegetate and noodles. Perfect for a rush meal.
For the chicken chop, I used boneless chicken leg.
- Sprinkle salt and lack pepper over bother sides of boneless chicken leg.
- Heat a pan. When the pan is hot, put the chicken in with skin side down to sear the chicken. Since chicken leg contains fat, I didn’t use an extra oil. Frying needs a bit more patience. Fry both sides till golden brown. Skin will become crispy. Set fried chicken aside.
- Use the same pan to fry mushroom in chicken oil. Also add in a little chopped garlic and fry for 2-3 mins. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter. When butter melted, add in 1/4 cup heavy cream. Stir with low heat. Season with salt and black pepper. If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use flour. When butter melted, dissolve 1 tablespoon flour in 1/4 cup water or stock. Pour it into the pan. Also pour in 1/4 cup milk and you will also get smooth and creamy sauce in this way.
- Add cooked linguine into the mushroom sauce and mix well.
Serve chicken chop with linguine. A very simple but yummy meal.
Prepare one head of broccoli, 4-6 Shiitake Mushrooms and 6-8 big scallops.
1. Cut broccoli into small flowers. Cut a cross on the Shiitake if you want.
2. Boil one pot of water. Add in 1 tsp salt. Blanch broccoli for 3 mins. Soak in cold water and drain them.
3. Heat a little oil in the pan. Sauté mince garlic and ginger till aromatic.
4. Add in mushrooms, stir fry a bit.
5. Add in 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 2 tsp oyster sauce, 4 tablespoon water. Bring to boil and then turn to low heat and simmer for 5 mins.
6. Add in scallops. Bring to boil. Turn to low heat and simmer for 3 mins.
7. Make a circle with broccoli in the plate. Place mushroom and scallops on the top.
8. Keep heating the sauce till condensed. And pour sauce over the dish.
My husband wanted to have steak for dinner. So we went to supermarket to buy a ribeye steak and some sausage.
1. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over the steak.
2. Heat skillet on stove. Add a little olive oil.
3. When the skillet is smoking hot, put the steak in. You will hear the sizzling.
4. For 2-3 mins, the down side will becom brownish. Turn over to fry the other side.
5. Cut in a little butter. Put in 2 cloves garlic and some thyme.
6. Use a spoon to pour melted butter over the steak. Let the steak stand to fry the edge.
Place the steak into a plate.
Use the same skillet ( no need to wash it) to fry sausage.
Serve with some boiled broccoli.
The steak is very tender and juicy.