1. Place a half chicken breast on a chopping board. Cover it with plastic wrap. Use a meat hammer to hit the chicken till it becomes a flat thin disc.
2. Prepare 1/4 head of a small broccoli. Cut into small pieces. Bleach in water for 2-3 mins. Put them in a blender and blend into coarse paste.
3. Pour the broccoli paste out. Season with salt and pepper. Also drizzle in a little olive oil.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of flatten chicken breast.
5. Spread broccoli paste onto it. Gently roll it from one end to another.
Use toothpick to fix it.
6. Also drizzle a little olive oil over the shocker breast roll.
7. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. 15-20 mins.
1. Prepare fillings:
Minced chicken 100g (u can also use minced pork or beef)
1/2 diced onion
2-3 chopped Shiitake mushroom (optional)
Salt and pepper
Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl.
2. Prepare 6 -8 cabbage leaves.
3. Soak cabbage leaves in hot water till softened.
4. One roll needs 2 cabbage leaves. Place 1 cabbage leaf on the table. Put a spoonful filling at one end. Then roll to the other end. Put the roll on one end of another cabbage and roll again. I made 3 big rolls with 6 cabbage leaves. You can also make it into 4 small ones.
5. For the sauce, I made from fresh tomato. You can also use canned tomato chunks.
Cut a cross at the bottom of tomato (2 medium ones). Soak in hot water for a little while. Peel them off. Chop into small chunks.
6. Heat a pan or a pot. Add in a little oil. Sauté 2 chopped garlic. Add the tomato in. Sprinkle a little salt. Stir fry till softened and juice comes out. Add in 1 tablespoon tomato sauce and 1/2 tablespoon sugar to balance the sour taste. Also add in a little dried oregano or herbs you like.
7. Pour in 1/4 cup water. Stir well.
8. Place cabbage rolls in. Turn to low heat. Cover the lid. Simmer for 10 mins.
9. Flip the rolls over. And simmer for another 5-8 mins.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
I think it will go well with pasta.
This dish just came to me when I searched fridge trying to figure out what to cook for lunch. I happened to see bacon and asparagus, and they were waving hands to me. So I decided to eat them.
1. Wash asparagus under water. Remove the bottom. Peel the skin near bottom off.
2. Bleach in boiling water for 3 mins. Don’t forget to add in a little salt in the boiling water.
3. Place asparagus in cold water then drain them.
4. Roll asparagus in a piece of streaky bacon from one end to the other. Roll it tight or it will loose while frying.
5. Heat a pan, add in 1 tablespoon oil. Fry bacon roll with medium or low heat. Roll it to let it be fried evenly.
6. When bacon turns beautifully lightly brown, sprinkle in black pepper.
1. Thaw scallops and wipe with kitchen towel till very dry.
2. Cut bacon into halves. Wrap the scallops with bacon and fix them with toothpick.
3. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry scallops. Around 2 mins for each side.
4. Also fry the bacon at the edges.
5. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter. When butter melts, use a spoon to scoop butter over the scallops for about 2 mins.
Serve with fried asparagus.
I really wanted to try cinnamon rolls before. And I found this amazing recipe:
I halved the batch and also did a bit change.
For the roll:
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
40 g margarine
1/2 tsp salt
2 cup flour ( I used bread flour)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
40 g margarine
1. Dissolve the yeast in warm milk in a large bowl.
2. When the foam starts to show up, add in sugar, margarine, salt, egg and flour. Mix them well.
3. Knead the dough into a big ball. Place the dough in a big bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and put in in warm place till it rises 2 times as big as before.
4. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon together to make filling.
5. Roll the dough with rolling pin into a big and thin piece.
6. Sprinkle softened margarine on the surface. Then sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly on it.
7. Roll the dough from one eng to the other.
8. Cut the roll into smaller pieces.
9. Place small rolls in warm place. Cover them with plastic wrap and wait till their size doubles.
10. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. And bake for 20 mins.
Yummy. You can also top with icing you like.
Because I used bread flour, so they are really soft inside.
It’s an easy dish to cook.
First, fry ham in the pan till a bit golden brown.
Then spread ham on puff pastry (I used roti paste). Add 1 or 2 tsp mayonnaise, chopped onion and cheese.
Roll it up.
Brush the surface with egg mixture.
Preheat oven to 180 degree C and bake for 25 mins.