- Clean scallops. Because I used frozen ones. So I thaw them first. Then separate the meat and the shell. Clean the shell with a brush to remove all the dirt.
- Place all the scallops in a plate. Drizzle in a little cooking wine. Steam for about 5 mins.
- Pour the water out from the shell if any.
- Prepare the sauce: 1/2 1 tbsp chili sauce, 1 tsp chopped garlic, 2 tsp chopped onion, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/4 tsp salt. Mix well.
- Drop sauce onto the scallop meat. Then top with mayonnaise and cheese. And dried herbs you like.
Preheat oven to 180 Degree C.
Bake for 10-15 mins.
For the seared scallops, please refer to:
1. When the scallops are done, take them out. There will be some butter left, use the same pan to fry mushroom.
2. Also add in some chopped garlic, sauté with mushroom till brownish.
3. Add in 3 tablespoon pasta stock. Simmer for 2-3 mins.
4. Pour in 1/2 cup milk. Sprinkle shredded cheese. Stir a bit to let cheese melt.
5. Season with salt and black pepper.
6. Add in cooked pasta. Give it a good mix.
In the plate and top with seared scallops.
1. Thaw scallops and wipe with kitchen towel till very dry.
2. Cut bacon into halves. Wrap the scallops with bacon and fix them with toothpick.
3. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry scallops. Around 2 mins for each side.
4. Also fry the bacon at the edges.
5. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter. When butter melts, use a spoon to scoop butter over the scallops for about 2 mins.
Serve with fried asparagus.
Prepare one head of broccoli, 4-6 Shiitake Mushrooms and 6-8 big scallops.
1. Cut broccoli into small flowers. Cut a cross on the Shiitake if you want.
2. Boil one pot of water. Add in 1 tsp salt. Blanch broccoli for 3 mins. Soak in cold water and drain them.
3. Heat a little oil in the pan. Sauté mince garlic and ginger till aromatic.
4. Add in mushrooms, stir fry a bit.
5. Add in 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 2 tsp oyster sauce, 4 tablespoon water. Bring to boil and then turn to low heat and simmer for 5 mins.
6. Add in scallops. Bring to boil. Turn to low heat and simmer for 3 mins.
7. Make a circle with broccoli in the plate. Place mushroom and scallops on the top.
8. Keep heating the sauce till condensed. And pour sauce over the dish.