A perfect simple and quick meal for rushing hours.
1. Cook linguine according to the instruction and set aside.
2. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat a pan. Add in a little oil. Sear salmon with skin side down for 2-3 mins. Then flip over and fry for another 2-3 mins. And fry each side for another 1 min. Set salmon aside.
3. No need to wash pan. Use the same pan. Add in a little extra oil. Fry mushroom slices.
4. Add in a little chopped garlic. Sauté a bit.
5. Pour in 1/2 cup stock or water. Simmer mushroom for a little while, like 3 mins.
6. Add in 2-3 tablespoon cream. Stir well. Put cooked linguine in. Blend well.
7. Season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
Serve with salmon.
1. Prepare 3 medium tomatoes. Cut a cross at the bottom. Soak them in hot water for a little while, then they can be peeled easily.
2. Chop tomatoes into small cubes. Heat a sauce pan. Add in 1 tablespoon oil, fry 1 chopped onion till transparent. Add in tomato cubes 2 tablespoon tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar to balance the sourness, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp mixed herbs and 1/4 cup water. Simmer a bit to let tomatoes into paste. And reduce the sauce. Set aside for later use.
3. Heat a pan. Add in 1 tablespoon oil. When heated, add in squid rings, clam meat and shrimps. Stir fry for 2 min, add in 1 tsp chopped garlic. Pour in 1 tablespoon cooking wine. Simmer for 1 min or 2.
4. Add tomato sauce in and blend evenly. Mix with cooked linguine.
5. Season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
Garnish with spring onion or parsley.
Yes, I know! The color of this dish looks so weird. :p
1. Cook linguine. Drain and cool down. Set aside for later use.
2. Boil pumpkin in water till cooked.
3. Mash pumpkin in a bowl. If you want it to be very smooth, you can use a blender.
4. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry sausage slices till a little brownish.
5. Add in chopped garlic. Stir fry till aromatic.
6. Add in mashed pumpkin and 1/4 cup water or stock. Simmer for a little while. If you want it to taste more creamy, you can also add 1-2 tablespoon cream or cheese.
7. When soup reduces, add in cooked linguine.
8. Sprinkle mixed herbs. Mix well.
9. Season with salt and black pepper.
This is a simple combination with meat, vegetate and noodles. Perfect for a rush meal.
For the chicken chop, I used boneless chicken leg.
- Sprinkle salt and lack pepper over bother sides of boneless chicken leg.
- Heat a pan. When the pan is hot, put the chicken in with skin side down to sear the chicken. Since chicken leg contains fat, I didn’t use an extra oil. Frying needs a bit more patience. Fry both sides till golden brown. Skin will become crispy. Set fried chicken aside.
- Use the same pan to fry mushroom in chicken oil. Also add in a little chopped garlic and fry for 2-3 mins. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter. When butter melted, add in 1/4 cup heavy cream. Stir with low heat. Season with salt and black pepper. If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use flour. When butter melted, dissolve 1 tablespoon flour in 1/4 cup water or stock. Pour it into the pan. Also pour in 1/4 cup milk and you will also get smooth and creamy sauce in this way.
- Add cooked linguine into the mushroom sauce and mix well.
Serve chicken chop with linguine. A very simple but yummy meal.
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the salmon on both sides.
2. Heat a pan. Drizzle in olive oil. When pan is hot. Add salmon in with the skin side down. Sear both side till golden brown. About 3-4 mins for each side. Then fry each side for another 1-2 mins.
3. Set fried salmon aside. Heat a pan. Oil in. Sauté chopped 2 cloves of garlic till aromatic.
4. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter. When butter melts, pour in 1/4 cup white wine or water.
5. Add in 1/4 cup heavy cream. Stir well.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the sauce over salmon.
7. Heat the sauce again, add in mixed herbs. And add in cooked linguine or pasta. Toss a bit.
One sauce suits for both salmon and linguine.
I guess this is a very healthy dish. 🙂 Oh, I forgot, I also add some sausage in this dish. Let’s just pretend sausage is not there. 🙂
1. Cut broccoli into small pieces. Blanch in boiling water for 2 mins. Then drain them and set aside.
2. Cook linguine till almost cooked. Let’s say 1-2 mins less than required.
3. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry shrimps till pinkish. Add in a little chopped garlic. Fry till aromatic.
4. Add in drained broccoli and 2 tablespoon stock. If you want your linguine taste creamy, you can also add in cream or cheese or both at this step. Stir evenly. Sprinkle mixed spices.
5. Add linguine in and simmer for 1-2 mins.
6. Season with salt and black pepper.
My husband is on a short trip to China. While I am home alone, I try to figure out some dishes that are simple and easy to cook. One-pot dish is always my first choice.
1. Prepare sausage (cut into slices), two tomatoes (peeled and chopped), one small chopped onion, 2 cloves chopped garlic, mixed vegetables, chicken stock (or water).
2. Heat a little oil in a pan. Add in sausage slices. Fry a bit till brownish.
3. Garlic and onion in. Sauté till aromatic.
4. Put all the tomato dice in. If you want it easier, you can also choose to use tomato purée. Sprinkle a little salt. Simmer tomato a bit till juice comes out.
5. Pour in chicken stock. Bring to boil.
6. Add in linguine or pasta you like. Cook for 7 mins.
7. Add in mixed vegetables and cook for another 3 mins.
In the last several mins, you can turn to the high heat to reduce the sauce.
Season with salt and black pepper.
1. Heat a pan on stove. Add in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2. When oil is hot, add in 2 cloves of chopped garlic. Stir fry till aromatic.
3. Add in 1 chopped small shallot. Stir fry till transparent.
4. Put in all the mushroom slices. Stir fry a bit. Turn to low heat, cover the lid. Juice will come out. Simmer for a little while.
5. Pour in 1/2 cup milk. Bring to boil. Zest in cheese. Stir to melt.
6. Season with salt, black pepper and mixed herbs.
7. Dissolve 1 tablespoon flour in a little water. Pour the flour water into pan. Stir to condense sauce.
8. Off the stove. Put in cooked linguine. Blend well.
For the seared scallops, please refer to:
1. When the scallops are done, take them out. There will be some butter left, use the same pan to fry mushroom.
2. Also add in some chopped garlic, sauté with mushroom till brownish.
3. Add in 3 tablespoon pasta stock. Simmer for 2-3 mins.
4. Pour in 1/2 cup milk. Sprinkle shredded cheese. Stir a bit to let cheese melt.
5. Season with salt and black pepper.
6. Add in cooked pasta. Give it a good mix.
In the plate and top with seared scallops.
1. Thaw shrimps and green peas. And wipe them with kitchen towel.
2. Cook linguine follow the instructions on the package.
3. Heat a pan. Add in 1 tablespoon oil.
4. Add in shrimps. Stir fry till pinkish.
5. Add in 2 cloves minced garlic and green peas. Stir fry for another minute.
6. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter. When it melts, pour in pasta cream.
7. Turn to low heat, season with salt and black pepper and keep stirring.
Turn off the heat when the creamy sauce boils. Put linguine back into the pan. Add a little mixed herbs if you like. Give it a good mix. And ready to serve.