Yes, I know! The color of this dish looks so weird. :p
1. Cook linguine. Drain and cool down. Set aside for later use.
2. Boil pumpkin in water till cooked.
3. Mash pumpkin in a bowl. If you want it to be very smooth, you can use a blender.
4. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry sausage slices till a little brownish.
5. Add in chopped garlic. Stir fry till aromatic.
6. Add in mashed pumpkin and 1/4 cup water or stock. Simmer for a little while. If you want it to taste more creamy, you can also add 1-2 tablespoon cream or cheese.
7. When soup reduces, add in cooked linguine.
8. Sprinkle mixed herbs. Mix well.
9. Season with salt and black pepper.
When I was little, my parents made me eat pumpkin. But I really disliked pumpkin at that time. When I grow up, I fall in love with pumpkin. Just as what my sister always says, people change. :p
Glutinous rice flour 1 cup
Corn starch 2 tablespoon
Sugar 1 tablespoon (you can add more if you want them to be sweeter)
Filling you like (red bean paste, chocolate, salted egg, etc)
Goji berries (optional)
1. Remove seed and peel of the pumpkin. Cut it into slices. Steam for 10 mins.
2. Place steamed pumpkin in a bowl. Mash them with a spoon.
3. Add glutinous rice flour, corn starch and sugar in. Make all ingredients into a dough.
4. Divide the dough into smaller ones. Press them and wrap in filling. Make them small dough balls again.
5. Press small dough with toothpick to make the lines and make them look more like real pumpkins.
6. Top with goji berries as garnishment.
7. Steam for 8-10 mins.
After steam, let them cool down a bit. Dip chopsticks into cold water before get them, cos they are really really sticky.
1. Place pork chop in a big bowl. Add in 1 tsp chili powder (if you want it to be more spicy, you can add more), 2 tsp paprika powder, 1 tsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, and 2 tsp olive oil. Mix well. And let it rest for a little while.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
3. Heat a pan on stove, add in a little olive oil.
4. Fry pork chop till golden brown.
5. Into the oven and bake for 10 mins.
Serve with boiled pumpkin. For pumpkins recipe, please refer to:
I love sweet pumpkin.
I found an easy way to cook pumpkin and fried it the other day.
1. Remove the seed and peel of pumpkin. And chop into medium chunks.
2. In a pan, pour in 200 ml water. Add in 2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp light soy sauce, 2 tsp mirin. And bring to boil.
3. Put pumpkin chunks into water. Cover the pan with lid. Turn to medium heat.
4. Keep heating till pumpkin is done or water is dry.
I love pumpkins. They are sweet, soft and healthy. This way of cooking them just keep their original flavor.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
2. Clean pumpkin and remove the seeds. Cut them into smaller pieces.
3. Place them in baking pan. Roast for 30 mins.
4. Sprinkle a little cinnamon powder if you like. And roast for another 5-10 mins.
5. Place them in plate. Spread a little salt to strengthen their sweetness.
When I was in university, my best friend liked to order pan-fried pumpkin when we went to school canteen together. I was a little surprised. Pan-fried pumpkin is really that delicious? And now I also love this dish like she did.
It’s a healthy dish and easy to cook. First, peel pumpkin and chop it into medium chunks. Heat a little oil in the pan. Put in pumpkin chunks. Stir fry till pumpkin turns a little golden brown. Add in a little light soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir fry evenly. Cover the pan with lid till pumpkin turns softened. (If pumpkin gets a little burnt, spread a little water). Sprinkle spring onion and salt. Stir fry evenly. Then it’s done.
This is an easy and quick dish made of vegetables.
1. Chop pumpkin, garlic, celery, and carrot into small pieces.
2. Heat the oil in the pan. Put garlic in first.
3. Then the carrot and celery. Stir fry a little.
4. Pumpkin at last. Stir fry for around 2 minutes.
5. Then add in enough water that covers all the vegetables. Cover the pan with lid.
6. When the vegetables soften, use blender to smash them.
7. Put the smashed mixture of vegetables back into the pan. Heat it again. Because the smashed mixture is very condensed, you can add in some water.
8. Then add a little milk and salt. Keep stirring. It will be done once boiled again. After milk added in, the color will become a little lighter.
You can add a little herbs or spices you like.
And you can also make a little decoration for it. Just spread several milk drops onto the surface, and use a toothpick draw on it. Yeah, I’m not good at it. The white part I drew is not that beautiful.
The soup tastes great. The pumpkin I used is kind of sweet. Carrot and celery make it healthier.