A quick and easy snack with only 3 ingredients:
1 small sweet potato ( chopped into small dice)
1/4 – 1/2 cup flour
Around 1/4 cup water
1. Cut 1 small sweet potato into small dice. The smaller they are, it will be easier for them to be cooked.
2. Place sweet potato into a bowl. Add in 1/4 cup flour (maybe a little more).
3. Pour in water. Just to let sweet potato be coated with batter.
4. Brush pan with oil. Add spoonful batter into the pan. Fry till both sides turn golden brown.
If you want it to taste more sweet, you can add extra sugar. Just because my sweet potato is sweet enough to me, so I skip the sugar.
Don’t cut the sweet potato into big pieces. You don’t want your snack taste burnt with sweet potato is still raw and hard.
When I was little, my parents made me eat pumpkin. But I really disliked pumpkin at that time. When I grow up, I fall in love with pumpkin. Just as what my sister always says, people change. :p
Glutinous rice flour 1 cup
Corn starch 2 tablespoon
Sugar 1 tablespoon (you can add more if you want them to be sweeter)
Filling you like (red bean paste, chocolate, salted egg, etc)
Goji berries (optional)
1. Remove seed and peel of the pumpkin. Cut it into slices. Steam for 10 mins.
2. Place steamed pumpkin in a bowl. Mash them with a spoon.
3. Add glutinous rice flour, corn starch and sugar in. Make all ingredients into a dough.
4. Divide the dough into smaller ones. Press them and wrap in filling. Make them small dough balls again.
5. Press small dough with toothpick to make the lines and make them look more like real pumpkins.
6. Top with goji berries as garnishment.
7. Steam for 8-10 mins.
After steam, let them cool down a bit. Dip chopsticks into cold water before get them, cos they are really really sticky.
It’s a traditional Chinese snack. And it’s very easy to make.
Butter 100g softened
Sugar 60 g
Egg (half for the dough, half to brush on the dough)
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Salt 1 pinch
Cashew nuts some
1. Cream butter with sugar in a bowl.
2. Add in half egg. Stir well.
3. Add in dry ingredients ( flour, baking soda and salt).
4. Knead all ingredients into a dough ball. And refrigerate for 30 mins.
5. Divide the big dough into many small ones. Each is around 8-9 g.
6. Preheat oven to 175 degree C.
7. Brush small dough balls with egg. Then press cashew nut on each one lightly.
8. Brush egg on cashew and dough again.
9. Bake for 20 mins.
They smell so good and taste very nice as well. Very crispy.