Preheat oven to 180 Degree C.
Walnut 1 cup (toasted and finely chopped)
sugar 1/2 cup
flour 1/2 cup
baking powder 1/4 tsp
- Beat egg with sugar with electric mixer for 6-8 mins. It will become like mayonnaise.
- Sieve in flour & baking powder. combine them.
- Fold in 1/4 walnut.
- Divide batter into 2 baking pans. And into the oven for 25 mins.
- Place cakes on rack to let them cool down.
1/4 cup butter (softened), 1 cup icing sugar, 1/2 tbsp milk.
Beat the butter with electric mixer till very light and fluffy. Add in icing sugar 1/3 each a time. Blend well. Add in milk at last. Mix everything well.
Make frosting into 2 part. Add 1/4 walnut into one of them.
Syrup: 1/2 cup warm water, 2 Tbsp sugar, 1 1/2 maple syrup. Mix well.
Place one cake upside down. Brush it with syrup. Spread the frosting (with walnut) onto it. Then put the other cake upside down over it. Brush it with syrup too. Spread the other frosting over the top and side of the cake. Sprinkle the rest chopped walnut over the side of the cake.
3 Tbsp milk, 30g chocolate. Heat in microwave till chocolate melts. Cool down to room temperature.
Pour the chocolate over the top.
Garnish with walnut at last.
The cake is super. It is a bit complicated as I did the frosting and glazing this time, which I never did before. That’s why I think this cake is a bit complicated. And you have a lot of washing to do after that. 🙂
Both my husband and I love the cake. 🙂
flour 1 cup
cinnamon powder 1 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp
baking powder 1/2 tsp
baking soda 1/4 tsp
brown sugar 1/2 cup
white sugar 1/4 cup
vanilla 1/2 tsp
vegetable oil 1/2 cup
grated carrots 1 1/2 cup
finely chopped walnut 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 Degree C.
- Cream vegetable oil with brown sugar & white sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder) to avoid any lump.
- Add dry ingredients into oil & sugar mixture 1/3 at a time, to make sure they are well combined.
- Finally add in grated carrot and walnut. Mix well.
- Into the oven and bake for 20-25 mins. Check with toothpick. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done.
Very simple and the cake is really good.
Banana is one of my husband’s favorite fruit. But sometimes, He forgot to eat them, and banana got ripe very quickly. So I would use them to make smoothie or cake or bread.
This summer when we went back to my hometown, we brought so many walnut back. My mom just cracked them and store the shell-removed walnut in 2 large containers. My husband likes walnut, so he adds some in his yogurt. Yet, we still have a lot. So I tried to bake something with walnut and banana.
butter 1/2 cup
white sugar 1 cup
vanilla 1/2 tsp
flour 1 cup
baking soda 1 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp
cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp
chopped & toasted walnut 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 170 Degree C.
- Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
- Add in 2 beaten eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
- Add in mashed bananas. Mix them together.
- Sieve in all the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder. Mix till combined.
- Butter spray the loaf pan. Dust it with flour.
- Pour all the batter into the pan.
- Into the oven for 50-60 mins. Check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean then it’s done.
Let it cool down for a little while.
Cut it and you will find it’s very moistened and firm.
Full of walnut and banana flavor. Very nice!
It’s a super easy snack.
Chopped almond or grate almond
1. Brush puff pastry with egg.
2. Sprinkle sugar and grate almond over it evenly.
3. Use a rolling pin roll the pastry to press almond and sugar into it. Or you can just use your palm.
4. Flip the pastry over and repeat step 1,2 & 3.
5. Cut pastry into strips. And twist them slightly.
6. Preheat oven to 200 degree C. At the same time, let the pastry rest for around 10 mins.
6. Bake for 15-20 mins. Till they turn golden brown.
It’s a traditional Chinese snack. And it’s very easy to make.
Butter 100g softened
Sugar 60 g
Egg (half for the dough, half to brush on the dough)
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Salt 1 pinch
Cashew nuts some
1. Cream butter with sugar in a bowl.
2. Add in half egg. Stir well.
3. Add in dry ingredients ( flour, baking soda and salt).
4. Knead all ingredients into a dough ball. And refrigerate for 30 mins.
5. Divide the big dough into many small ones. Each is around 8-9 g.
6. Preheat oven to 175 degree C.
7. Brush small dough balls with egg. Then press cashew nut on each one lightly.
8. Brush egg on cashew and dough again.
9. Bake for 20 mins.
They smell so good and taste very nice as well. Very crispy.
I baked it according to this recipe:
But I changed a bit.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup olive oil ( original recipe said vegetable oil)
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 mashed banana
1/2 cup walnut
1/3 cup walnut
1. Preheat oven to 170 degree C.
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
3. Blend egg, sugar and olive oil in another bowl.
4. Combine flour mixture with egg mixture. Blend well.
5. Add in vanilla and mashed banana.
6. Fold in 1/2 cup walnut. ( I just put walnut in a plastic bag and roll it with a rolling pin).
7. Place batter in baking pan.
8. Sprinkle 1/3 cup walnut on the top.
9. Bake for around 50 mins, till toothpick comes out clean.
It tastes really great.