It’s been a long time for me to do baking since last time. Recently, my husband starts to have coffee almost everyday. Why doesn’t he have coffee before? That’s because he’s afraid he would be addicted to coffee. But why he drinks coffee now? That’s because he cannot resist the attraction of coffee. Yeah, I know sometimes my husband is so complicated and contradictory. Sign~
Since he picks up the habit of drinking coffee, baking a coffee cake sounds a good idea to me.
chopped walnut 1 cup
brown sugar 1/4 cup
cinnamon powder 1 tsp
flour 1 tbsp
coffee 2g (I didn’t intend to add coffee. Just that my husband heard I was going to bake a coffee cake. He lent his coffee to me very generously. Yeah, he didn’t know coffee cake is to be served with coffee, not made from coffee.)
ALL THE FIVE INGREDIENTS ABOVE IS TO FOR TOPPING AND FILLINGS. Mix them well in a bowl and set aside.
For the cake:
butter 1/2 cup
sugar 1 cup
vanilla 1 tsp
baking soda 1/2 tsp
baking powder 1 tsp
salt 1/4 tsp
flour 2/3 1 cup
plain yogurt 3/4 cup
preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Cream butter with sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and eggs (one by one). Mix well.
- Mix baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour in a bowl.
- Add 1/3 dry ingredients into butter, then 1/2 yogurt. Add the rest dry ingredients and yogurt alternately. Mix well before adding.
- Spread 1/2 batter into the baking pan. Sprinkle around 1/3 walnut & cinnamon mixture over it.
- Add the rest cake batter, and top with the rest walnut & cinnamon mixture.
- Into the oven for 40-50 mins.