I love Chinese cabbage. I also love spicy food. There is no reason for me not to love kimchi. Kimchi can be easily bought from supermarket. Yet, I still want to try to make it by myself.
1. Prepare a head of Chinese cabbage. Remove the root.
2. Cut cabbage into 4 part. And rinse under water. Clean each leaf.
3. Sprinkle salt ( I used sea salt) onto each layer. Let it rest for 2-3 hours.
4. In saucepan, pour into 1 cup water. Add in 2 tablespoon glutinous rice powder. Heat and stir at the same time. When the glutinous Rice powder dissolved, add in chili powder. You can taste when you add it. Stop when you think it’s spicy enough. Stir evenly.
5. Off the stove, add minced garlic, minced ginger, minced 1/2 pear and minced 1/2 apple. Mix them well.
6. Pour the water come from cabbage out. Rinse cabbage with water to wash the salt away. And squeeze the Chinese cabbage very hard.
7. Put the cabbage in a clean container. Spread chili sauce evenly on each layer of cabbage.
Finish with all the Chinese cabbage.
Make a label on the container with the date on it.
You can have it after 3 days. Love it!