It’s a very convenient way to solve a meal when you don’t have enough time to cook.
1, Cook macaroni according to the instruction, usually 8-10 mins. At last 3 mins, add in trimmed green peas. Drain them.
2, Cut sausage into slices.
3, Heat a pan. Add in oil. Stir fry sausage for 2 mins.
4, Add in pasta sauce, and 2 tbsp macaroni stock and simmer for 2 mins.
5, Add in cooked macaroni and green peas. Stir well.
6, Season with salt, and pepper.
1 cup lukewarm water
1/8 cup sugar
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tablespoons oil
2 cups flour (roughly)
- Pour warm water into a big bowl. Add in sugar and dry yeast. Let it rest for 10 mins and wait it foams up.
- Add in oil, salt. Stir a bit.
- Add in flour, 1 cup first. Stir a bit. Then add in the other cup flour.
- Stir into a dough.
- Sprinkle some flour over the board. Knead the dough on it. Keep kneading till it’s not that sticky.
- Brush a bowl with some oil. Put dough inside. Cover with plastic wrap and towel.
- Let it rise till twice big.
- Boil the sausage in hot water for about 8 mins.
- Take the dough out. Roll it into oval shape. Divide it into 12 pieces.
- You can make it into the shape you like. Can roll it around the sausage or just press the sausage onto the dough.
- Cover again with plastic wrap and towel. Let them rise again till 1.5 or 2 times big.
- You can also sprinkle chopped green onion and mayonnaise on the bread.
- 190 degree C, about 20-25 mins.
I find only in Chinese recipe will potatoes appear in slices, while in other cuisine, potatoes are usually cooked in chunks or mashed. Potatoes also are cooked often in shreds, and it’s a very very common Chinese family dish, just like scrambled egg with tomatoes.
Sausage I used is the Chinese preserved sausage. We call it La Chang （腊肠）.
- Peel the potatoes and cut it into thin slices. Also cut sausage into slice.
- Fry potato slices. Add oil into a pan. Heat it. Fry potato with medium low heat. When potatoes turn transparent and brownish on the edge, it’s done. Set them aside.
- Add in a little oil in the pan. Saute sausage till sausage becomes curly and slightly brownish.
- Add in 2 or 3 cloves chopped garlic. saute til aromatic.
- Put in all the potatoes and chopped green chili. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add in 1/2 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp oyster sauce. Stir fry evenly.
- Season with salt and garnish with some chopped spring onion.
Yes, I know! The color of this dish looks so weird. :p
1. Cook linguine. Drain and cool down. Set aside for later use.
2. Boil pumpkin in water till cooked.
3. Mash pumpkin in a bowl. If you want it to be very smooth, you can use a blender.
4. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry sausage slices till a little brownish.
5. Add in chopped garlic. Stir fry till aromatic.
6. Add in mashed pumpkin and 1/4 cup water or stock. Simmer for a little while. If you want it to taste more creamy, you can also add 1-2 tablespoon cream or cheese.
7. When soup reduces, add in cooked linguine.
8. Sprinkle mixed herbs. Mix well.
9. Season with salt and black pepper.
2 tablespoon chopped kimchi
1 tablespoon kimchi juice
1 cup leftover rice
1 chopped sauce
1 tsp Korean chili paste
Chopped spring onion
1 tablespoon water
1. Add 1 tablespoon kimchi juice into leftover rice. Stir a bit with chopsticks to separate rice grains.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Add in sausage dice. Stir fry till a bit brownish.
3. Add in chopped kimchi. Stir fry till aromatic.
4. Add in all the leftover rice. Quickly stir with spatula.
5. Dissolve Korean chili paste in 1 tablespoon water. Then sprinkle into rice. Stir fry evenly.
6. Season with salt and garnish with chopped spring onion.
My husband is on a short trip to China. While I am home alone, I try to figure out some dishes that are simple and easy to cook. One-pot dish is always my first choice.
1. Prepare sausage (cut into slices), two tomatoes (peeled and chopped), one small chopped onion, 2 cloves chopped garlic, mixed vegetables, chicken stock (or water).
2. Heat a little oil in a pan. Add in sausage slices. Fry a bit till brownish.
3. Garlic and onion in. Sauté till aromatic.
4. Put all the tomato dice in. If you want it easier, you can also choose to use tomato purée. Sprinkle a little salt. Simmer tomato a bit till juice comes out.
5. Pour in chicken stock. Bring to boil.
6. Add in linguine or pasta you like. Cook for 7 mins.
7. Add in mixed vegetables and cook for another 3 mins.
In the last several mins, you can turn to the high heat to reduce the sauce.
Season with salt and black pepper.
I bought a whole pineapple from supermarket. Cut at the 1/3 height. Use knife and spoon to scoop the pineapple out. Set the pineapple shell aside. Cut the pineapple into small chunks.
I also used a pineapple rice paste bought from supermarket.
1. Clean Prawns. Take off the head and shell.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry the Prawn head and shell. Then discard them.
3. Sauté sausage dice and Prawn for around 3-5 mins till Prawns turn red.
4. Add in cooked rice and paste. Quickly stir fry for 2-3 mins.
5. Add in pineapple chunks and thawed vegetables ( I used frozen green peas). Stir fry for another 3 mins.
6. Place fried rice into pineapple shell. And serve hot.
My husband wanted to have steak for dinner. So we went to supermarket to buy a ribeye steak and some sausage.
1. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over the steak.
2. Heat skillet on stove. Add a little olive oil.
3. When the skillet is smoking hot, put the steak in. You will hear the sizzling.
4. For 2-3 mins, the down side will becom brownish. Turn over to fry the other side.
5. Cut in a little butter. Put in 2 cloves garlic and some thyme.
6. Use a spoon to pour melted butter over the steak. Let the steak stand to fry the edge.
Place the steak into a plate.
Use the same skillet ( no need to wash it) to fry sausage.
Serve with some boiled broccoli.
The steak is very tender and juicy.
I tried this dish in a fun way.
1. Chop sausage into medium pieces.
2. Let spaghetti poke through sausage. 6-8 spaghetti in each sausage piece.
3. Boil spaghetti & sausage in water for 10 mins or refer to the instructions. Also add in a little salt and oil in the water.
4. Take spaghetti out and drain.
5. Heat a pan on stove. Add in pasta sauce. Keep stirring till sauce becomes very condensed.
6. Put spaghetti in sauce and mix well.
Serve with parsley and grate cheese.
Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
1. Cleans prawns and make a cut at their belly. And place them in the baking pan with belly side up. You can brush some oil in the ban or just place a sheet of baking paper like I did.
2. For the sauce:
Minced garlic (7 or 8 cloves)
Melted butter (3 tsp)
Lemon juice (half)
Olive oil ( 3 tsp)
Mix them in a bowl.
3. Pour sauce over prawns.
4. Add boiled corn and pan-fried sausage if you like in the baking pan.
5. Put baking pan into the oven. Bake for around 10 mins.
Sprinkle parsley and serve.