My husband is on a short trip to China. While I am home alone, I try to figure out some dishes that are simple and easy to cook. One-pot dish is always my first choice.
1. Prepare sausage (cut into slices), two tomatoes (peeled and chopped), one small chopped onion, 2 cloves chopped garlic, mixed vegetables, chicken stock (or water).
2. Heat a little oil in a pan. Add in sausage slices. Fry a bit till brownish.
3. Garlic and onion in. Sauté till aromatic.
4. Put all the tomato dice in. If you want it easier, you can also choose to use tomato purée. Sprinkle a little salt. Simmer tomato a bit till juice comes out.
5. Pour in chicken stock. Bring to boil.
6. Add in linguine or pasta you like. Cook for 7 mins.
7. Add in mixed vegetables and cook for another 3 mins.
In the last several mins, you can turn to the high heat to reduce the sauce.
Season with salt and black pepper.