My husband and I had very good Tom Yam Gong Soup when we were in Bangkok. I really love it. Can’t wait to try after we come back.
I bought Tom Yam Gong paste from supermarket.
It’s a really quick soup.
1. Add 400 ml water in the pot. Add in chopped blue ginger and lemongrass. Bring to boil.
2. Add in whole pack of Tom Yam paste. Also with a little coconut milk to reduce its spiciness.
3. Stir with low heat. When boil again. Add in Prawns and straw mushroom. Simmer for several mins till Prawns are cooked.
4. Add in chopped onion, red chili, coriander and squeeze in a little lime juice. Boil for another 1-2 mins.
If there is any soup left, don’t throw away. Pour it over cooked noodles. Very delicious!
I bought a whole pineapple from supermarket. Cut at the 1/3 height. Use knife and spoon to scoop the pineapple out. Set the pineapple shell aside. Cut the pineapple into small chunks.
I also used a pineapple rice paste bought from supermarket.
1. Clean Prawns. Take off the head and shell.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry the Prawn head and shell. Then discard them.
3. Sauté sausage dice and Prawn for around 3-5 mins till Prawns turn red.
4. Add in cooked rice and paste. Quickly stir fry for 2-3 mins.
5. Add in pineapple chunks and thawed vegetables ( I used frozen green peas). Stir fry for another 3 mins.
6. Place fried rice into pineapple shell. And serve hot.
The green curry paste I used was bought from supermarket.
1. Heat a little oil in the pan. Add in chopped ginger and curry paste. Stir fry till aromatic.
2. Pour in 1 small pack of chicken stock and 150 ml coconut milk. Stir well and bring to boil.
3. Add in chicken. I cut chicken into slices before cooking so they would be easier to be cooked.
4. Simmer for around 10 mins. Add in French beans, chopped onion and red chili. Simmer for another 3-5 mins.
5. Squeeze in a little lime juice before serving.
Perfect to go with rice or noodle!