It just came to me when I was preparing for making burgers at home. Since bacon and pineapple are a good match on pizza, so I wondered how will it go if I put them in burger. It turned out not bad.
For the burger bun:
Pineapple slices are from canned ones. Drain them first.
Heat a pan on the stove. Fry bacon till crispy.
Then fry pineapple slices a bit.
Cut burger bun into halves. Place bacon slices on it. Then one pineapple slice. After that is cheese. And again bacon and pineapple slice.
You can serve it with salad and potato wedges.
My husband thought it’s very special. But he loved it after tried it.
I found this great recipe about carrot cake:
I baked carrot cake before. It was good.
I tried this new recipe and I loved this one. Very moist and taste better. Pineapple also improves the texture. My husband also likes it very much.
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar ( I cut the sugar, because I don’t want it to be very sweet and also the canned pineapple I used were sweet).
1/2 cup vegetable oil ( I used canola oil)
2 small eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded carrot ( I also chopped them to make them shorter)
1/2 cup chopped walnut
1/2 cup chopped pineapple
1. Preheat oven to 175 degree C.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Add in oil, egg & vanilla. Mix till smooth.
4. Fold in carrot, walnut and pineapple.
5. Pour batter into greased baking pan.
6. Bake for 45-50 mins.
You can also do the frosting. But I’m too lazy to do that. And plain cake is good enough for me. :p
For the pizza dough:
When the pizza dough is ready, press it into pizza pan or a skillet like I did.
Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
1. Poke pizza dough with a fork .
2. Brush it with tomato sauce.
3. Spread mozzarella cheese over it.
4. Sprinkle pineapple and bacon over the cheese. Then sprinkle another layer of mozzarella cheese.
5. Top with Italian mixed herbs.
Into the oven and bake for 20 mins.
Very cheesy and soft pizza is done.
I bought a whole pineapple from supermarket. Cut at the 1/3 height. Use knife and spoon to scoop the pineapple out. Set the pineapple shell aside. Cut the pineapple into small chunks.
I also used a pineapple rice paste bought from supermarket.
1. Clean Prawns. Take off the head and shell.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry the Prawn head and shell. Then discard them.
3. Sauté sausage dice and Prawn for around 3-5 mins till Prawns turn red.
4. Add in cooked rice and paste. Quickly stir fry for 2-3 mins.
5. Add in pineapple chunks and thawed vegetables ( I used frozen green peas). Stir fry for another 3 mins.
6. Place fried rice into pineapple shell. And serve hot.
My husband wanted to eat pineapple tart. So I bought pineapple paste from the supermarket. 1 kg a pack.
1. Divide pineapple paste into small balls. Around 6 g each.
2. In a bowl cream 325g butter ( softened) with 25g icing sugar.
3. Then add in 2 egg yolks, 2 tablespoon milk and 1/4 tsp vanilla. Mix well.
4. Add in 450g flour. Mix with hand till just combined.
5. Divide the dough into small balls. Around 10 g each.
6. Flaten the dough ball in hand. Put pineapple paste ball in the middle. Then wrap it up and roll between palms to make it into ball shape. ( for me, there were still some pineapple paste left).
7. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Egg wash them and bake for 15-20 mins.
8. Egg wash them again and bake fore another 5 mins to get darker color.
So soft and melt immediately in your mouth.
My husband suggests me to open a shop and sell them. 🙂
I guess Hawaiian pizza should be the most controversial one due to the controversial ingredient – pineapple.
For the pizza dough:
Preheat oven to 220 degree C.
1. Press pizza dough into pizza pan or skillet like I did.
2. Use a fork to poke pizza dough several times.
3. Brush dough with tomato sauce or pizza sauce.
4. Sprinkle cheese over it. Then small bacon slices and pineapple slices on it. And top with cheese.
5. Bake for 15-20 mins till cheese melts and becomes golden brown.
My husband ate it up BY HIMSELT!