This is the first time for me to try potato wedges at home.
The recipe I referred to :
1. Rinse 3 potatoes under water. Cut into halves. Then cut the half into 3 or 4 pieces.
2. Soak potato wedges into icing water for half an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 220 degree C.
4. Wipe potato wedges with kitchen towel and make them dry.
5. Put all the wedges into big bowl or a zip bag. Add in 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp paprika powder. Mix them evenly. Add in 1 tsp oil. Mix again to let each one be coated with seasoning and oil evenly.
6. Line wedges on baking pan.
7. Bake for around 30 mins or till potato gets burnt on edges.
For the steak.
1. Wipe steak with kitchen towel to make sure steak is very dry on surface.
2. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. Heat a little oil in a pan. When it’s smoky hot. Put the steak in. Fry for 5 mins.
4. Flip the steak. Cut in 2 tablespoon butter, add in 2 or 3 cloves garlic and thyme. Fry for another 4 mins. If you want steak to be a bit more rare, you can shorten the frying time.
Let the fried steak rest in the plate for several mins before serving.
Sprinkle chopped parsley over potato wedges and serve with steak.
2 thoughts on “Potato Wedges & Steak”