My husband and I had very good Tom Yam Gong Soup when we were in Bangkok. I really love it. Can’t wait to try after we come back.
I bought Tom Yam Gong paste from supermarket.
It’s a really quick soup.
1. Add 400 ml water in the pot. Add in chopped blue ginger and lemongrass. Bring to boil.
2. Add in whole pack of Tom Yam paste. Also with a little coconut milk to reduce its spiciness.
3. Stir with low heat. When boil again. Add in Prawns and straw mushroom. Simmer for several mins till Prawns are cooked.
4. Add in chopped onion, red chili, coriander and squeeze in a little lime juice. Boil for another 1-2 mins.
If there is any soup left, don’t throw away. Pour it over cooked noodles. Very delicious!
I bought a whole pineapple from supermarket. Cut at the 1/3 height. Use knife and spoon to scoop the pineapple out. Set the pineapple shell aside. Cut the pineapple into small chunks.
I also used a pineapple rice paste bought from supermarket.
1. Clean Prawns. Take off the head and shell.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry the Prawn head and shell. Then discard them.
3. Sauté sausage dice and Prawn for around 3-5 mins till Prawns turn red.
4. Add in cooked rice and paste. Quickly stir fry for 2-3 mins.
5. Add in pineapple chunks and thawed vegetables ( I used frozen green peas). Stir fry for another 3 mins.
6. Place fried rice into pineapple shell. And serve hot.
I’m a red bean fan. I love almost everything about red bean. This red bean bun needs red bean paste. I used the one bought from supermarket.
Bread flour 200g
Red bean paste 300g
1. Mix flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a bowl.
2. Pour water in and stir with chopsticks at the same time.
3. Knead all ingredients into a dough.
4. Cut butter in. Keep kneading till butter is fully absorbed.
5. Put dough in the bowl. Wrap with plastic and let it rise till 2 times big.
6. Press the air out and divide dough into 6 small balls.
7. Press each ball flat. Put a red bean ball (50g) in the center. Wrap it up. Then place red bean buns on a baking pan. Into the oven with a big bowl of hot water under it.
8. Let it rise till 1.5 times big.
9. Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Sprinkle black sesame on the bun. Place a pan on the top of them to press them a bit.
In the oven and bake for 18 mins.
A little crispy outside but really soft and sweet inside. I love them.