This is the first time for me to try to roast cauliflower by oven. Surprisingly it tastes very nice. And it’s very easy to cook too.
Cut cauliflower (about 1/4 head of a big one) into small chunks. Or you can just tear it by hand like I do.
Put cauliflower pieces into a big bowl.
Drizzle in 1/2 1 tbsp olive oil. For the seasonings, I added 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, and 1/4 tsp ginger powder. If you want cauliflower to taste spicy, you can also add in chili powder.
Toss and mix well.
Spread cauliflower on baking tray. Preheat oven to 200 Degree C. Into the oven for 30-40 mins. Or till the edge turns a bit brown. Flip them a bit in the middle while baking.
Recently, I’m crazy about tomatoes. I always want to try sun dried tomato, yet weather here in Singapore is very humid. So I guess sun dried tomato is impossible here. Then this oven-Roasted tomatoes came to my head.
And it’s very easy.
1. Chop tomatoes into slices (around 0.5cm thick). You can use cherry tomatoes or any ones of small size.
2. Place all tomato slices in a big bowl. Drizzle in olive oil, spread a little salt and add in dried herbs you like. I used dried oregano. Toss a bit.
3. Put tomato slices in baking tray and arrange them in one layer. You can put them very close to each other. Because they will shrink after dehydrated.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Roast tomato for 15-20 mins or till they get wrinkled and a bit burnt on the edge.
They can be used in Spaghetti or pizza or salad. I’m a big fan.
I have tried roasted chicken in many different ways so many times that I cannot even count.
But I guess as long as my husband loves roasted chicken, I will never stop my way of exploring. Since he will never be fed up with roasted chicken, so I guess I will just keep on trying.
1. Prepare herbs, I chose rosemary and thyme. You can also use fresh herbs.
2. Stuff a pieces of butter under the skin on chicken’s breast with chopped herbs.
3. Sprinkle salt and olive oil all over the chicken and inside too.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
5. Place chopped onion in the baking tray.
6. Place a lemon inside the chicken. Tie the chicken with kitchen twine.
7. Roast chicken for 50-60 mins.
Chicken will be beautifully brownish colored. Remove the kitchen twine. Cut chicken into pieces. Squeeze lemon to let lemon juice with juice in the tray. Heat a bit to reduce sauce. Drizzle sauce all over the chicken.