1, Wash pig feet clean. I bought the pig feet from supermarket and they were chopped already.
2, Put pig feet in a pot, add in enough water covers them all.
3, Bring to boil and boil for 8-10 mins.
4, Take out the pig feet, Wash off all the dirt.
5, Put pig feet into pressure cooker, Add in 1 tbsp rock sugar, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce, bay leaves, ginger slices, star anise and cinnamon.
6, Cook under high pressure for 40 mins. Pig feet will become very soft and juicy.
7. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
8, Place pig feet in the baking tray with skin side up. Poke the skin with a fork and sprinkle chili powder, five spice powder and white sesame. and roast for 10-15 mins.
Prepare the sauce:
2 chopped garlic cloves,
sugar 1 tsp,
light soy sauce 2 tsp,
oyster sauce 1 tsp.
oil 1 tsp
Mix well in a small bowl.
- Trim enoki mushrooms. Wash them clean and drain.
- Arrange mushroom on baking plate.
- Brush sauce over mushroom.
Put mushroom into the oven. 180 degree C and 20 mins.
Flip a bit in the halfway.
This is a very simple dish to make.
- Prepare a bowl, add in 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder. mix well.
- Preheat oven to 170 degree C.
- Dip chicken wings in the flour mixture and shake off the excessive. In to the oven for 20-25 mins. Remember to flip over halfway.
- Prepare sauce: 1/4 cup Korean spicy bulgogi sauce, and 1/4 cup honey. Mix well.
- Brush sauce onto the chicken wings. Turn up the heat to 200 Degree C. And roast for another 10 mins.
- Sprinkle white sesame before serving.
This is the first time for me to try to roast cauliflower by oven. Surprisingly it tastes very nice. And it’s very easy to cook too.
- Cut cauliflower (about 1/4 head of a big one) into small chunks. Or you can just tear it by hand like I do.
- Put cauliflower pieces into a big bowl.
- Drizzle in 1/2 1 tbsp olive oil. For the seasonings, I added 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, and 1/4 tsp ginger powder. If you want cauliflower to taste spicy, you can also add in chili powder.
- Toss and mix well.
- Spread cauliflower on baking tray. Preheat oven to 200 Degree C. Into the oven for 30-40 mins. Or till the edge turns a bit brown. Flip them a bit in the middle while baking.
And it’s done.
Very simple and also yum.
I tear it into very small pieces. If yours is bigger, you can adjust the temperature higher maybe to 220 degree C, or roast a bit longer in the oven,
This is the first time for me to cook brussel sprouts. They do look like baby cabbage. But the taste is different.
And this recipe is super easy and simple. I assume it’s healthy too.
- Wash brussel sprouts under water. And drain them.
- Trim off the bottom and cut into halves.
- Put them all in a bowl. Sprinkle olive oil, salt and black pepper. Toss a bit.
- Place them on baking pan with the cut side down.
- Into the oven. 180 Degree C, 30 mins.
Outside layer is super crunchy like seaweed with a bit bitter taste.
Inside part tastes a bit sweet.
This is a very easy recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
2. Wash corn clean under water. Wipe it with kitchen towel to make it dry.
3. Sprinkle a little salt over the corn.
4. Brush corn with some butter.
5. Into the oven and bake for 5 mins.
6. Flip it over and brush a little extra butter and bake for another 5 mins.
Recently, I’m crazy about tomatoes. I always want to try sun dried tomato, yet weather here in Singapore is very humid. So I guess sun dried tomato is impossible here. Then this oven-Roasted tomatoes came to my head.
And it’s very easy.
1. Chop tomatoes into slices (around 0.5cm thick). You can use cherry tomatoes or any ones of small size.
2. Place all tomato slices in a big bowl. Drizzle in olive oil, spread a little salt and add in dried herbs you like. I used dried oregano. Toss a bit.
3. Put tomato slices in baking tray and arrange them in one layer. You can put them very close to each other. Because they will shrink after dehydrated.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Roast tomato for 15-20 mins or till they get wrinkled and a bit burnt on the edge.
They can be used in Spaghetti or pizza or salad. I’m a big fan.
I have tried roasted chicken in many different ways so many times that I cannot even count.
But I guess as long as my husband loves roasted chicken, I will never stop my way of exploring. Since he will never be fed up with roasted chicken, so I guess I will just keep on trying.
1. Prepare herbs, I chose rosemary and thyme. You can also use fresh herbs.
2. Stuff a pieces of butter under the skin on chicken’s breast with chopped herbs.
3. Sprinkle salt and olive oil all over the chicken and inside too.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
5. Place chopped onion in the baking tray.
6. Place a lemon inside the chicken. Tie the chicken with kitchen twine.
7. Roast chicken for 50-60 mins.
Chicken will be beautifully brownish colored. Remove the kitchen twine. Cut chicken into pieces. Squeeze lemon to let lemon juice with juice in the tray. Heat a bit to reduce sauce. Drizzle sauce all over the chicken.
1. Cut fish 2 or 3 times on both sides.
2. Put fish into a big bowl, add in 2 tablespoon cooking wine and several ginger slices. Marinate for half an hour.
3. Wipe fish dry with kitchen towel.
4. Sprinkle salt and white pepper over fish.
5. Heat 2-3 tablespoon oil in the pan. Add in 3 tablespoon chopped garlic, 1/2 tablespoon chopped ginger, and 1 tablespoon chopped dried chili. Fry with low heat till aromatic.
6. Add in 1 tablespoon Pixian soy bean sauce. Stir fry till aromatic.
7. Add in 1/2 tablespoon sugar. Stir evenly.
8. Place vegetables you like in the baking pan. I chose enoki mushroom, celery and onion.
9. Place fish over vegetables. Pour the sauce over fish and vegetables.
Into the preheated oven (180 degree C) and bake for 15 mins. Flip the fish over and bake for another 15 mins.
I was trying to make some spicy roasted chicken. But they turned out not so spicy. So I came up with that funny name. 🙂
1. Place chicken thighs in a big bowl. I only used two since it’s only for me and my husband.
2. Then I added 2 tablespoon chili powder, 1 tablespoon five spice powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tablespoon paprika powder, and 1 tsp ginger powder. I thought chicken would be spicy enough. And I marinated them for like 3 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 200 degree C. In the oven for 25 mins. Chicken skin will become very tightened and dry.
4. I was worried chicken would be too spicy for my husband. So I mix 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon tomato sauce ( my plan was chili sauce) and brush it onto the chicken. Roast for another 5 mins.
And there they are:
Should’ve be spicy but turned out not.
Still my husband loved them. Flavor really goes in and very tasty.