My first try on Brussel sprouts was not bad, so I expected more from them.
This time, I tried to fry them with a pan and to make them side dish for steak.
- Boil Brussel Sprouts in water for 3 mins. Don’t forget to add in some salt in the water before boiling.
- Rinse them under water. Then trim off the bottom and cut into halves.
- Heat a pan. Drop in 1 tbsp butter. When butter melts, add in Brussel sprouts. Stir fry for 2 mins.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp sugar. Quickly stir and let the vegi get caramelized.
- Season with salt and black pepper. And serve with steak.
This is the first time for me to cook brussel sprouts. They do look like baby cabbage. But the taste is different.
And this recipe is super easy and simple. I assume it’s healthy too.
- Wash brussel sprouts under water. And drain them.
- Trim off the bottom and cut into halves.
- Put them all in a bowl. Sprinkle olive oil, salt and black pepper. Toss a bit.
- Place them on baking pan with the cut side down.
- Into the oven. 180 Degree C, 30 mins.
Outside layer is super crunchy like seaweed with a bit bitter taste.
Inside part tastes a bit sweet.