This is the first time for me to try to roast cauliflower by oven. Surprisingly it tastes very nice. And it’s very easy to cook too.
- Cut cauliflower (about 1/4 head of a big one) into small chunks. Or you can just tear it by hand like I do.
- Put cauliflower pieces into a big bowl.
- Drizzle in 1/2 1 tbsp olive oil. For the seasonings, I added 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, and 1/4 tsp ginger powder. If you want cauliflower to taste spicy, you can also add in chili powder.
- Toss and mix well.
- Spread cauliflower on baking tray. Preheat oven to 200 Degree C. Into the oven for 30-40 mins. Or till the edge turns a bit brown. Flip them a bit in the middle while baking.
And it’s done.
Very simple and also yum.
I tear it into very small pieces. If yours is bigger, you can adjust the temperature higher maybe to 220 degree C, or roast a bit longer in the oven,
Recently, I’m crazy about tomatoes. I always want to try sun dried tomato, yet weather here in Singapore is very humid. So I guess sun dried tomato is impossible here. Then this oven-Roasted tomatoes came to my head.
And it’s very easy.
1. Chop tomatoes into slices (around 0.5cm thick). You can use cherry tomatoes or any ones of small size.
2. Place all tomato slices in a big bowl. Drizzle in olive oil, spread a little salt and add in dried herbs you like. I used dried oregano. Toss a bit.
3. Put tomato slices in baking tray and arrange them in one layer. You can put them very close to each other. Because they will shrink after dehydrated.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Roast tomato for 15-20 mins or till they get wrinkled and a bit burnt on the edge.
They can be used in Spaghetti or pizza or salad. I’m a big fan.
1. Clean potato with water. Then dry them with kitten towel.
2. Preheat oven to 190 degree C.
3. Coat potato with olive oil. Bake for 1 hour. My potatoes are in medium size. After being baked for 1 hour, they are completely cooked.
4. Cut potato into halves. Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper. Also place one small piece of butter on them.
5. Bake for another 10 mins.
6. Sprinkle cheese. And bake till cheese melts.
Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
1. Marinate chicken thighs with a little salt and black pepper.
2. Chop cauliflower into small bits. Put them in a bowl. Add in 2 tsp olive oil, a little salt and chopped garlic. Mix well.
3. In baking pan, spread cauliflower. Then place chicken thighs over. Brush a little olive oil on the chicken skin.
Bake for 35-40 mins. Or till chicken skin becomes golden brown.
Serve hot with rice.
Preheat oven to 170 degree C.
1. Clean cherry tomatoes and cut them into halve.
2. Sprinkle salt, black pepper, olive oil, minced garlic and rosemary over tomatoes. And mix them well.
3. Place tomatoes in baking pan and then put into oven. Bake for around 30 mins.
If you want them to be drier, you can prolong the baking time.
Roasted tomatoes can be used in spaghetti or other dishes.
It’s an easy and yummy bread.
Bread flour 200g
Yeast 4 g
Salt 4 g
Olive oil 50 ml
1. Mix flour, water and salt in a big bowl.
2. Knead into dough till smooth and cling together around 10 mins.
3. Brush olive oil in a bowl and place dough into it. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise till 2 times as big as before.
5. Press the dough into baking pan. Sprinkle rosemary, salt and black pepper. Also sprinkle some olive oil.
6. Cover the dough with plastic wrap for another 20 mins.
7. Poke the dough by finger for several times. Sprinkle some olive oil again.
8. Preheat oven to 200 degree C. And bake for 25 mins or till surface turns golden brown.
The bread is really delicious. It can also be served with soup:
Bacon potato soup