I’ve been having this soup since I was very little. There is a little difference between the soup in the southern and northern China. Usually, southerners like soup and they like the soup that cooked for hours. I know many northerners like my family don’t consume too much time cooking soup. So fast soup like this tomato & egg tofu is popular in north.
1 pack tofu (optional)
chopped spring onion
- Cut a cross at the bottom of tomatoes. Soak them in hot water for a little while. Then it can be peeled easily. Chop tomatoes into small cubes.
- Cut tofu into small pieces. Tofu is not a must-have ingredient in this soup. You can skip this step if you don’t have.
- Beat 1 egg into a bowl.
- Heat a pan. Drizzle in a little oil. Add in tomato pieces. Turn to low heat. Stir fry tomatoes till it turns very softened and mashed.
- Pour in 1/2 1 cup water. Also add in tofu if you have. Simmer for 5-8 mins.
- Dissolve 2 tsp starch in 1 tbsp water, and add into the soup. Stir well.
- Stir soup with a spoon and pour in beaten egg at the same time. cook for another 1 min to get egg done.
- Season with salt.
Garnish with spring onion and drizzle in sesame oil before serving.
Very simple and super fast.
I really like this pasta. It’s creamy, easy and only needs one pot.
- Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry prawns or shrimps (remove head and shell first) till cooked. Put them in a plate and set aside for later use.
- Use the same pan. Saute 1 or 2 chopped garlic. Add in cherries tomatoes (cut into halves). Stir fry for maybe 2 mins.
- Pour in 2 cups water or stock or half stock and half water. Bring to boil.
- Pasta in. Cook according to the instruction. Mine needs 10 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle in chopped parsley and cheese. Blend evenly.
- Add prawns in. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
1. Prepare Portobello mushroom as pizza crust: wash them gently under water. Remove the stem.
2. Mix 1 tsp finely chopped garlic with 1 tablespoon melted butter in a small bowl.
3. Brush mushroom with butter & garlic mixture. Sprinkle very little salt over mushroom.
4. Cut cherry tomatoes into halves. Mozzarella cheese ball into small chunks.
5. Place tomato and cheese alternatively on the mushroom.
6. Drizzle a little olive oil and garnish with chopped spring onion or basil.
Into 220 degree C oven for 13-15 mins.
- Cut eggplant into slices. Soak them in water, also sprinkle in some salt.
- Wash several cherry tomatoes. Cut cross at the bottom. Soak them in hot water for a while. Peel them and set aside for later use.
- Squeeze the water out of eggplant. Place them in a big bowl. Add in 2-3 tablespoon corn starch. Shake a little to let eggplant be coated with starch.
- Fry eggplant till the starch layer becomes crispy. Set eggplant aside.
- Leave a little oil in the pan. Saute chopped garlic till aromatic.
- Add in cherry tomatoes with 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 table spoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce and 1 tablespoon water. Simmer a bit to reduce sauce.
- Add eggplant in. Stir to let eggplant coated with sauce.
- Add in green chili. Stir fry for another minute and ready to serve.
Recently, I’m crazy about tomatoes. I always want to try sun dried tomato, yet weather here in Singapore is very humid. So I guess sun dried tomato is impossible here. Then this oven-Roasted tomatoes came to my head.
And it’s very easy.
1. Chop tomatoes into slices (around 0.5cm thick). You can use cherry tomatoes or any ones of small size.
2. Place all tomato slices in a big bowl. Drizzle in olive oil, spread a little salt and add in dried herbs you like. I used dried oregano. Toss a bit.
3. Put tomato slices in baking tray and arrange them in one layer. You can put them very close to each other. Because they will shrink after dehydrated.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Roast tomato for 15-20 mins or till they get wrinkled and a bit burnt on the edge.
They can be used in Spaghetti or pizza or salad. I’m a big fan.
1. Cut fish into slices or small chunks. Beat one egg in a bowl and prepare 1/2 cup corn starch in another bowl.
2. Dip fish in egg first and then in starch. Let them be coated with starch evenly.
3. Deep fry fish slices till golden brown. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan. Add in chopped 1/2 onion, chopped 1 tomato, red capsicum, and yellow capsicum. Stir fry for 2 mins.
5. Add in 2 tablespoon tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon chili sauce, 2 tsp sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring the sauce to boil.
6. Add in starch water to thicken the sauce.
7. Put in fried fish slices. Stir fry to let fish be coated with sauce.
1 hard boiled egg
2 crispy butter rolls
Tomato slices cucumber slices
Butter 5 g
1. Mash boiled egg in a bowl. Season with salt, black pepper and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise. Mix well.
2. Mix butter with 2 tsp mayonnaise in another bowl.
3. Cut butter rolls with a knife.
4. Brush the cutting surface with Butter mayonnaise mixture.
5. Add in tomato and cucumber slices. And mashed egg at last.
I couldn’t remember how many times I have made pizza. Because it’s really simple and convenient. All I just need to do is prepare dough in the morning or before I go out. In the afternoon when I get home, I can easily make pizza with prepared dough. And it only takes around 20 mins. Super quick and delicious as well. My husband is also a pizza fan. So every time I make pizza for dinner, he’s as happy as a child.
You can refer to:
For the pizza dough.
Since my “rich experience” in pizza, I can make dough without and measurement. I just mix some flour, a little olive oil, salt, sugar and yeast in a large bowl. Then stir flour mixture with chopsticks and add into water at the same time. Stop pouring water when big flour lumps appear. Then use hand to make all ingredients into a big dough. Drizzle a little extra olive oil on the dough. Spread evenly on dough’s surface with hand. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let it rise till 2 times big.
Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
Press dough into a pizza pan. I always use my skillet. Then poke with fork. Brush tomato sauce. Sprinkle a little cheese. Then cherry tomatoes ( chopped into halves) and black olive slices. Then spread extra cheese.
Into the oven and bake for 15-20 mins.
Serve with some basil leaves on it.
I have made this simple pizza for many times.
1 onion chopped
1 potato peeled and chopped
1 small beetroot chopped
1 medium carrot chopped
3 clove garlic minced
2 tsp butter
A little chopped cabbage
4 tsp tomato sauce
1 box broth
200 ml water
1. Melt butter in the pot. Add in chopped onion and sauté a bit.
2. Add in carrot and beetroot. Stir fry for about 3 mins.
3. Pour in tomato sauce, broth and water. Cover the pot with lid. Boil for 10 mins.
4. Add in potato, garlic, cabbage and a little bay leaf. Put on the lid and boil for another 30 mins.
5. Sprinkle salt and black pepper to season.
Serve with baguette.