For pizza sauce:
1. Wash 1 cup cherry tomatoes in water. Cut a cross at the bottom of each tomato.
2. Soak tomatoes in boiling water for a little while to make it easy to peel them.
3. Heat a sauce pan. Add in 2 tsp olive oil. When the oil heated, add in 2 cloves chopped garlic. Sauté till aromatic.
4. Add in all the peeled cherry tomatoes. Stir fry and press with spatula or a spoon. It’s fine to have some tomato lumps. That actually makes pizza taste better.
5. Add in 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp dried herbs, 1 tsp sugar and 1 tablespoon tomato sauce. Mix all the ingredients well and set aside to cool down.
I found a very inspiring video on YouTube. And this enthusiastic Italian cook showed everybody how he made a perfect pizza. I just followed his guide.
For the pizza dough:
1 1/2 cup bread flour
1/2 cup warm water (more or less due to different flour)
3 g instant yeast
1 tsp salt.
Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Pour yeast water into flour. Knead into a dough. If the flour is too sticky, then add more flour. Fold the dough several times. Then place it in a bowl, cover with plastic and let it rise till 2 times big.
Preheat oven to 220 degree C.
Press the dough into a big thin pizza dough. Brush pizza sauce. Sprinkle a little salt. Drizzle olive oil. Grate Parmesan cheese. Then sprinkle mozzarella cheese (I’m always very generous with mozzarella cheese, that’s why my pizza always looks white on the surface. 🙂 ), and basil leaves. Drizzle a little olive oil again.
Into the oven and bake for 7 mins.
The whole kitchen is full of sweet fragrance . It smells so so good.
So far, this is the best pizza I’ve ever cooked. It tastes so so good.
Very soft, and cheesy. Tomato sauce I made has a special texture and adds more flavor to the pizza. Every ingredient works so well.