1. Wash chicken clean. You can use chicken legs or chicken wings. I used chicken wings.
2. Enough water in a pot. Add in ginger slices, garlic cloves, bay leaf, lemon grass and a pinch of salt.
3. Put chicken into the pot. Bring to boil with high heat. Then turn to low heat and simmer for 15-20 mins or till chicken is fully cooked.
4. Soak chicken into cold water. Dry them and cut into smaller pieces.
5. In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon Thai chili sauce, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp sugar.
Spread sauce over chicken.
It’s actually very simple to make.
- Cut salmon fillet into smaller strips.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan. Cut in 2 Tbsp butter.
- When butter melts, place salmon in with skin side down. Fry for 2-3 mins.
- Flip over and fry the other side for 2-3 mins.
- Squeeze in a little fresh lemon juice. Add in 2 tbsp water and simmer for 2 mins.
- Add in 3 tbsp milk or 2 tbsp cream, simmer for another 1 more min.
- Dish the salmon out. Keep heating the sauce till reduced.
Salmon in the plate and sauce over it.
The sauce also goes well with pasta. So I made it with spaghetti for my husband’s bento.
Sided with oven roasted vegetables, which is in my previous blog.
Main ingredients are honey and lemon. To make it not taste bitter, I remove the lemon peel and the white part. If you think it’s too troublesome and totally fine with the little bitter taste. You can leave them.
- Wash lemon under water. Place them in a big bowl. Sprinkle some salt. Rub them with two hands. Then rinse under water. Dry them with kitchen towel.
- Cut lemons into slices or wedges or chunks. If the peel is on, thin slices will be better.
- Prepare a bottle. Boil it in hot water for mins to sterilize. Then let it dry in the air.
- 1 spoonful honey in and based at the bottom. Lemons over it. Then honey layer again, lemon again. Repeat till the bottle is full.
5. Store it in the fridge.
It can be used to make drinks.
My husband and I are not big fans of fresh blueberry. But we both like food made from blueberry, like jam or cake. So if I buy blueberries from supermarket, it means I will bake something with blueberry.
Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
Vanilla 1 tsp
Baking powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Zest of 1 lemon
Milk 1/2 cup
Blueberry 2 cups
Flour 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
1. Cream butter with sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in vanilla. And eggs one by one.
3. Mix fry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and zest of lemon) together.
4. Add flour and milk into butter mixture alternately. 1/2 flour and 1/2 milk one time.
5. Add 1 tablespoon flour and lemon juice into blueberries. Toss a bit.
6. Place 1/2 batter into baking pan. Over it spread 1/2 blueberries. Then add in the rest batter. And top it with rest blueberries. Light press blueberries into the batter.
The batter is done:
After 60 mins.
Cool down for a while.
I was too lazy to make any glaze. So i just sprinkle icing sugar over the top.
Cake is very moist.
I cooked this dish just because I have a small pack of pine seeds, lemon and also a small box basil. 🙂
Toast pine seeds in a pan. Keep low heat. Oil will come out from pine seeds. Toast till they become brownish and the flavor comes out.
- Cook spaghetti and drain them.
- Heat a pan. Add in all the cooked spaghetti and also add in 1 tablespoon stock.
- Squeeze in a little lemon juice. Add in chopped basil, lemon zest and toasted pine seeds. Stir evenly.
- Sprinkle in cheese. Blend well.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
Very fresh due to lemon zest.
Main ingredients are lemon and boneless chicken leg.
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of the chicken. Rub a bit.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Put the chicken in with skin side down. Fry for 2-3 mins or till skin gets golden brown.
3. Flip it over and fry the other side till brownish.
4. In a bowl, prepare sauce: fresh juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 tsp salt. Mix all the ingredients well.
5. Pour sauce into the pan. Turn to low heat. Simmer the chicken till sauce reduce.
And serve hot with lemon slices.
I have tried roasted chicken in many different ways so many times that I cannot even count.
But I guess as long as my husband loves roasted chicken, I will never stop my way of exploring. Since he will never be fed up with roasted chicken, so I guess I will just keep on trying.
1. Prepare herbs, I chose rosemary and thyme. You can also use fresh herbs.
2. Stuff a pieces of butter under the skin on chicken’s breast with chopped herbs.
3. Sprinkle salt and olive oil all over the chicken and inside too.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
5. Place chopped onion in the baking tray.
6. Place a lemon inside the chicken. Tie the chicken with kitchen twine.
7. Roast chicken for 50-60 mins.
Chicken will be beautifully brownish colored. Remove the kitchen twine. Cut chicken into pieces. Squeeze lemon to let lemon juice with juice in the tray. Heat a bit to reduce sauce. Drizzle sauce all over the chicken.
Last time, when my husband and I went to shopping for groceries, I found there’s sale on lemon. So I bought 2 packs of lemon. Then I decided to make salted lemon with them.
It’s quite easy.
1. Wash lemon in water. Sprinkle some salt over them. Rub with fingers. Then rinse under water. Dry them with kitchen towel.
2. Weigh them. This step is important. Cos we need to know the weight, then we can decide how much salt is needed. Salt should be 10%-15% weight of lemon. For example, my lemon is 150g, then the salt I use should be somewhere between 10g – 15g.
3. Cut lemon into wedges or slices. Put them in a sterilized jars.
4. Add in salt. Tighten the cap.
5. Shake the jar or bottle. Put it into fridge for 3-7 days.
Don’t forget to put a date label on it.
Salted lemon can be used to cook or to make drinks.
1. Prepare a boneless chicken breast. Cut into two halves if it’s too thick. Pound chicken with the back of knife.
2. Marinate chicken with 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp white pepper, 1 egg white and 2 tsp sesame oil for 20-30 mins.
3. Heat frying oil in the pot.
4. Coat chicken with corn starch and flour mixture. (Ratio of corn starch and flour is 2:1).
5. Fry chicken till golden brown. Set aside to cool down.
6. Heat 1 tsp oil in a sauce pan. Sauté 2 cloves of chopped garlic till aromatic.
7. Add in juice of 3/4 lemon and 1/4 cup water. Then 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon sugar. Bring to boil.
8. Add in lemon slices of the rest 1/4 lemon. Simmer the sauce till thickened.
9. Cut chicken chop into slices. Glaze with lemon sauce.
Last time, when my husband and I were in Bangkok, we tried butterfly pea tea there. We knew the tea from a Japanese animation show – Detective Conan. And my husband has been curious about it since then. Butterfly pea tea we tried in Bangkok was really nice. And my husband wanted to make it at home. Then he ordered dried butterfly pea flower from online shops.
This Tea’s original color is blue. If you add in some lemon juice, it will become purple. This special property makes it a good ingredient in colorful drinks.
1. In a sauce pan, pour in 11/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar. Bring boil and stir to let sugar dissolve.
2. Add in 1/4 cup dried butterfly pea flowers. Bring to boil. Then turn off the heat. Let it steep for 10 mins. Discard the flower. And cool down.
3. Mix 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice with 1 cup water in another container.
4. Crush the ice cubes a bit.
5. Fill glass with ice. Pour in butterfly pea tea till half full. Then gently pour in lemon juice mixture.
You will see the beautiful double layer drink.
Serve with a straw.
Top part is lemon juice, so it will be very sour. If you don’t have a straw, you’d better stir it before drinking.