Last time, when my husband and I went to shopping for groceries, I found there’s sale on lemon. So I bought 2 packs of lemon. Then I decided to make salted lemon with them.
It’s quite easy.
1. Wash lemon in water. Sprinkle some salt over them. Rub with fingers. Then rinse under water. Dry them with kitchen towel.
2. Weigh them. This step is important. Cos we need to know the weight, then we can decide how much salt is needed. Salt should be 10%-15% weight of lemon. For example, my lemon is 150g, then the salt I use should be somewhere between 10g – 15g.
3. Cut lemon into wedges or slices. Put them in a sterilized jars.
4. Add in salt. Tighten the cap.
5. Shake the jar or bottle. Put it into fridge for 3-7 days.
Don’t forget to put a date label on it.
Salted lemon can be used to cook or to make drinks.