Main ingredients are honey and lemon. To make it not taste bitter, I remove the lemon peel and the white part. If you think it’s too troublesome and totally fine with the little bitter taste. You can leave them.
- Wash lemon under water. Place them in a big bowl. Sprinkle some salt. Rub them with two hands. Then rinse under water. Dry them with kitchen towel.
- Cut lemons into slices or wedges or chunks. If the peel is on, thin slices will be better.
- Prepare a bottle. Boil it in hot water for mins to sterilize. Then let it dry in the air.
- 1 spoonful honey in and based at the bottom. Lemons over it. Then honey layer again, lemon again. Repeat till the bottle is full.
5. Store it in the fridge.
It can be used to make drinks.
Last time, when my husband and I went to shopping for groceries, I found there’s sale on lemon. So I bought 2 packs of lemon. Then I decided to make salted lemon with them.
It’s quite easy.
1. Wash lemon in water. Sprinkle some salt over them. Rub with fingers. Then rinse under water. Dry them with kitchen towel.
2. Weigh them. This step is important. Cos we need to know the weight, then we can decide how much salt is needed. Salt should be 10%-15% weight of lemon. For example, my lemon is 150g, then the salt I use should be somewhere between 10g – 15g.
3. Cut lemon into wedges or slices. Put them in a sterilized jars.
4. Add in salt. Tighten the cap.
5. Shake the jar or bottle. Put it into fridge for 3-7 days.
Don’t forget to put a date label on it.
Salted lemon can be used to cook or to make drinks.
It’s the first time for me to try this dish. It’s a very simple Soup. But if you want the soup to be more delicious, it will take more time to cook it.
First, pour enough water in a deep pot. Put big bone or ribs into it.
Turn to high heat. When water boils, remove the foam floating on surface.
Turn to low heat. Cover the pot with lid. Boil for at least half an hour. In Chinese cuisine, good soup is usually a bit time consuming. I let the bone boil in pot for around one hour. And the soup become milky white in color.
Then add in pear chunks. And boil for at least another half an hour. Sprinkle some salt before serving.
It just needs bone or ribs, pear, water and salt. So it’s a simple soup. But it turns out very delicious. Pear adds sweetness to it. My husband loves it.
My husband has been asking me to make mango sago for him. Today, we just bought some fresh and sweet mangoes. So I decided to make it today.
1. Boil some water in a deep pot. Then put sago in water. Heat with high heat for around 6-7 mins till sago becomes completely transparent.
2. Soak sago in cold water, which will make them more elastic and taste better. Then drain them.
3. Cut mango into small chunks. Place them in a bowl.
4. Place sago over mango.
5. Add in 2 tsp honey. And pour in enough milk or coconut milk.
Ready to serve.
My husband loves it.
For the crust, please refer to:
250 g cream cheese softened
100g evaporated milk
2 small eggs
2 tsp flour
1. Cream cheese with sugar till smooth.
2. Add in milk and eggs one at a time. Mix well.
3. Add in vanilla, flour and mix well.
4. Pour filling into crust. Preheat oven to 180 degree C and bake for 35-40 mins.
For the strawberry topping:
In a saucepan, put in chopped strawberry and sugar. When strawberry turns soft, add in a little cornstarch. Stir evenly for another minute or 2 till sauce boils again. And pour it over the cheesecake pie.
For the cake:
Baking powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Blueberry 1 small box ( because I only had 1 small box, which is around 120g. You can add more if you like rich blueberry flavor)
1. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar till creamy.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Add in flour mixture and milk alternately till flour mixs in. Stir in blueberries.
Pour the batter into pan.
For the top:
Brown sugar 50g
Flour 3 tsp
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
Butter 2 tsp
Combine all the topping ingredients in a small bowl (except butter). Cut in butter. And make them into crumb. Sprinkle over batter.
Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Bake for around 45 mins. Or when it can pass the toothpick test.
It is very similar to the blueberry cake I baked before:
Mix butter into flour & sugar till it clings together. Press into pan. Use a fork poke several times on it. Bake in the oven with 180 degree C for 20 mins till lightly brown.
White sugar 150g
Lemon juice 40ml
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
1/4 lemon zest
Beat together eggs with sugar and lemon juice. Add in flour, baking powder and lemon zest. Mix well. Then pour filling over cooled crust.
Bake for 25mins with 180 degree C.
After it is done and cooled, sprinkle icing sugar.
Crust: butter 50g
Salt 1 pinch
1. Mix flour with salt and sugar well.
2. Cut in butter. Use finger to mix butter with flour.
3. Mix yolk with water. Then add the mixture into flour butter mixture.
4. Roll dough into thin batter. Put into fridge after warped with plastic for at least 1 hour.
Egg 25 g
Ground almond 20 g
Pear 1 (peeled, cited and cut into thin slices)
1. Cream butter with sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in egg. Mix well.
3. Add in almond ground. Mix well.
1. Press batter into baking pan. Make small holes with folk.
2. Spread filling in.
3. Spread pear slices evenly on the surface. And sprinkle some extra almond ground.
Preheat oven to 180 degree C and bake for 40 mins.
It’s super easy. All you need are one banana, one puff pastry (or you can use a roti prata pastry like I did), one egg.
1. Cut roti prata in two halves.
2. Put banana slices on one half. And put the other half on the top.
3. Use a folk to press the edge. Put banana pie back to fridge for 10 mins.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
5. Brush egg on the pie’s surface. And bake for 25 mins.
When it’s almost done, the whole kitchen is full of good smell.
My husband loves it and soon finished it.
It’s ideal for people who has sore throat or coughing. My husband felt sick today. So I steamed a pear for him.
1. Remove the peel of pear. Cut the top off. Use a spoon to remove the seed in the middle.
2. Add several sugar cubes in the middle hole.
3. Put the top back.
4. Put pear in a bowl. And put the pear in boiling water in a pot. Water should be lower than the bowl. Then cover the pot with lid. Steam for 30 mins with low heat.
Pear will be soft. Sugar cubes will be melted.