I don’t know why since last night I kept thinking about beef pie. So today, I decided to make it for lunch.
Prepare pie crust:
In a bowl, add in 230 g flour and 1 tsp salt. Cut 60g butter in. Mix them with gunfire till crumbs. Pour in 110g cold water ( I put it in the freezer before use). Make all ingredients into a dough. Put into refrigerator for at least 30 mins.
Prepare beef filling:
1. Heat a little oil in the pan.
2. Add in ground beef (350 g) and 1 chopped onion. Stir fry till beef shows no more pink color and onion turns transparent.
3. Add in 3 tbsp tomato sauce. Dissolve 3 tbsp corn starch in 1/4 cup water. Then pour the corn starch water mixture into the pan.
4. Sprinkle salt, black pepper and mixed herbs.
5. Simmer a bit and reduce to condensed sauce.
Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
Press pie crust into pie pan. Poke several times with a fork.
Put beef fillings into it.
Cover with another piece of pie crust. Also poke with fork. Brush milk or egg.
Put into oven and bake for 40 mins.
I really love it.
For the crust, please refer to:
250 g cream cheese softened
100g evaporated milk
2 small eggs
2 tsp flour
1. Cream cheese with sugar till smooth.
2. Add in milk and eggs one at a time. Mix well.
3. Add in vanilla, flour and mix well.
4. Pour filling into crust. Preheat oven to 180 degree C and bake for 35-40 mins.
For the strawberry topping:
In a saucepan, put in chopped strawberry and sugar. When strawberry turns soft, add in a little cornstarch. Stir evenly for another minute or 2 till sauce boils again. And pour it over the cheesecake pie.
Mix butter into flour & sugar till it clings together. Press into pan. Use a fork poke several times on it. Bake in the oven with 180 degree C for 20 mins till lightly brown.
White sugar 150g
Lemon juice 40ml
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
1/4 lemon zest
Beat together eggs with sugar and lemon juice. Add in flour, baking powder and lemon zest. Mix well. Then pour filling over cooled crust.
Bake for 25mins with 180 degree C.
After it is done and cooled, sprinkle icing sugar.
Crust: butter 50g
Salt 1 pinch
1. Mix flour with salt and sugar well.
2. Cut in butter. Use finger to mix butter with flour.
3. Mix yolk with water. Then add the mixture into flour butter mixture.
4. Roll dough into thin batter. Put into fridge after warped with plastic for at least 1 hour.
Egg 25 g
Ground almond 20 g
Pear 1 (peeled, cited and cut into thin slices)
1. Cream butter with sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in egg. Mix well.
3. Add in almond ground. Mix well.
1. Press batter into baking pan. Make small holes with folk.
2. Spread filling in.
3. Spread pear slices evenly on the surface. And sprinkle some extra almond ground.
Preheat oven to 180 degree C and bake for 40 mins.
It’s super easy. All you need are one banana, one puff pastry (or you can use a roti prata pastry like I did), one egg.
1. Cut roti prata in two halves.
2. Put banana slices on one half. And put the other half on the top.
3. Use a folk to press the edge. Put banana pie back to fridge for 10 mins.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
5. Brush egg on the pie’s surface. And bake for 25 mins.
When it’s almost done, the whole kitchen is full of good smell.
My husband loves it and soon finished it.
I found this amazing recipe on http://www.food.comIt’s also very easy and simple.
I made a little change according to it:
Cocoa powder 30g
Sugar 150g ( I already reduced sugar based on original recipe but still found it is very sweet.)
Procedure is almost same as original recipe:
1. Melt butter, add flour, cocoa powder and sugar.
2. Add in eggs. Stir well.
3. Pour into pie plate.
4. Preheat oven to 190 degree C, bake for around 30 mins. (After 30 mins, the edge is a little burnt, so I think maybe 25 mins is also fine.)
In the plate topped with some cream and fruits. It is very soft inside actually. Outside is a bit crunchy.