I don’t know why since last night I kept thinking about beef pie. So today, I decided to make it for lunch.
Prepare pie crust:
In a bowl, add in 230 g flour and 1 tsp salt. Cut 60g butter in. Mix them with gunfire till crumbs. Pour in 110g cold water ( I put it in the freezer before use). Make all ingredients into a dough. Put into refrigerator for at least 30 mins.
Prepare beef filling:
1. Heat a little oil in the pan.
2. Add in ground beef (350 g) and 1 chopped onion. Stir fry till beef shows no more pink color and onion turns transparent.
3. Add in 3 tbsp tomato sauce. Dissolve 3 tbsp corn starch in 1/4 cup water. Then pour the corn starch water mixture into the pan.
4. Sprinkle salt, black pepper and mixed herbs.
5. Simmer a bit and reduce to condensed sauce.
Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
Press pie crust into pie pan. Poke several times with a fork.
Put beef fillings into it.