- Prepare vegetables and chicken. I used 1 chicken leg, remove the bone and cut into 4 pieces. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over the chicken. For vegetables, I chose 1 carrot, 1 potato, 1 onion, 3 shiitake mushrooms. And 1/8 head of broccoli. Cut carrot and potato into small chunks, dice the onion and cut shiitake into quarters.
- Heat a pan. Add in a little oil. Fry chicken with skin side down. When the skin side turns golden brown, flip it over to fry the other side. Set chicken aside for later use when both sides turn golden color.
- Use the same pan to fry vegetables. Add in onion, carrot, potato and mushroom. Fry for 2 or 3 mins. Add chicken, vegetables into pressure cooker. Pour in 1/2 1 cups water. Season with salt and black pepper. Also add in bayleaf. Cook under high pressure for 20 mins.
- Make roux. Heat a pan. Drop in 2 tbsp butter. Melt butter with low heat. When butter completely melts, add in 2 tbsp flour. Quickly stir with a whisk to let butter and flour mix evenly.
- Add in 2 tbsp cream and pour in 1/4 cup milk. whisk to let all ingredients mix throughly.
- Add vegetable soup gradually into the roux while stirring. When they are fully and evenly mixed, Add in the cooked vegetables.
- Boil broccoli in water and add in as garnishment.
- Season with salt if necessary.
- Prepare 2 chicken breasts. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over both side.
- Heat a pan. Drop in 3 tbsp butter.
- When butter melts, add chicken breast in. Fry for about 3 mins or till golden brown color. Then flip over and fry the other side till golden brown.
- Turn to low heat. Cover the lid. about 3 mins for each side.
- Use a spoon to scoop butter and pour over the chicken for several times.
- Set chicken in a plate.
- Use the same pan to fry mushroom with the rest butter.
- Deglaze with 1/2 cup red wine. Boil for a while to let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add in 200g cream, and blend well.
- Add the chicken back into the pan. Simmer with low heat to reduce the sauce.
- A little mixed herbs will add more flavor.
1. Chop 4 cloves of garlic, 2 red chili, a small chunk of ginger. Put them in a small bowl, add in 1 tsp oil, mix well.
2. Heat a pan on stove. Add in garlic, ginger and chili mixture. Also add in 1-2 tablespoon curry powder. Sauté till aromatic.
3. Put crab in the pan. Sauté for 1 min.
4. Pour in 400ml coconut milk and 1 cup water. Stir to mix.
5. Add in 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 stalk lemon grass. Turn to low heat. Simmer for 10-15 mins.
6. Pour in 100 ml coconut cream. Bring to boil. And ready to serve.
One of my husband’s favorite dishes.
1. Cut Tofu into evenly small pieces. Silk Tofu would be the best choice. You can also use egg Tofu.
2. In a bowl mix a lot corn starch with a little salt.
3. Dip Tofu in the corn starch.
4. Then deep fry them till corn starch shell becomes hard and a bit golden brown.
5. Serve with mayonnaise or salad cream.
Flour 3 tsp
Frozen corn kernels (as much as you like)
Cream 3 tsp
1. Heat butter in the pan. When it’s melted, add in flour. Quick cream flour with butter.
2. Add in onion and corn kernels. Stir fry a bit. Pour in water covers all ingredients. Simmer for around 10 mins. (I also add in several shrimps.)
3. Add in cream and stir well. Season with salt and black pepper.
For the bread recipe:
1. Get penne cooked first.
2. Chop a cucumber into thin slices.
3. Half boiled egg: Put egg and cold water in a pot. Don’t put the lid on. Heat the pot until many big bubbles appear at the bottom. Then turn off the stove and remove the pot. Cover the pot with lid for two minutes. Then take the egg out and put it into cold water.
2. Heat the oil in the pan. Put in the bacon bits. When the bacon bits get a little burnt, take them out.
3. Stir fry onion first. Then the potato pieces.
4. Add in enough water that covers potato pieces. Boil them till potato gets soft.
5. Use blender to smash potatoes.
6. Put smashed potato back into the pan. Add a little water or the soup will get burnt easily. Also add in light cream, salt and black pepper powder. Keep stirring till all the things mix well.
Ladle the soup out into bowl, and add in the bacon bits.
I found this amazing recipe on http://www.food.comIt’s also very easy and simple.
I made a little change according to it:
Cocoa powder 30g
Sugar 150g ( I already reduced sugar based on original recipe but still found it is very sweet.)
Procedure is almost same as original recipe:
1. Melt butter, add flour, cocoa powder and sugar.
2. Add in eggs. Stir well.
3. Pour into pie plate.
4. Preheat oven to 190 degree C, bake for around 30 mins. (After 30 mins, the edge is a little burnt, so I think maybe 25 mins is also fine.)
In the plate topped with some cream and fruits. It is very soft inside actually. Outside is a bit crunchy.
1. Chop pumpkin, garlic, celery, and carrot into small pieces.
2. Heat the oil in the pan. Put garlic in first.
3. Then the carrot and celery. Stir fry a little.
4. Pumpkin at last. Stir fry for around 2 minutes.
5. Then add in enough water that covers all the vegetables. Cover the pan with lid.
6. When the vegetables soften, use blender to smash them.
7. Put the smashed mixture of vegetables back into the pan. Heat it again. Because the smashed mixture is very condensed, you can add in some water.
8. Then add a little milk and salt. Keep stirring. It will be done once boiled again. After milk added in, the color will become a little lighter.
You can add a little herbs or spices you like.
And you can also make a little decoration for it. Just spread several milk drops onto the surface, and use a toothpick draw on it. Yeah, I’m not good at it. The white part I drew is not that beautiful.
The soup tastes great. The pumpkin I used is kind of sweet. Carrot and celery make it healthier.